You are here

Finally listening to me and have left

overitmummy's picture

I have finally left my partner, with his two kids, the son I hate...though my ex accepted I hated his son, we made it ok by keeping his son away/ seperate from me and my kids who ate also relieved about this. I should have been happy with this...but I'm not. Its not ok for my partner to have to seperate his son from me, it makes me feel bad, and its just not acceptable . There is no way around it, as we have tried so hard before this. Correction, I have tried. Also wanted to say that our anger is sometimes misdireced at the stepkid, when it really falls on your partners shoulders that the kid is how he is. Yes the bm has a great deal of influence, but I was with my partner a short time after he seperated from his wife, and the kid was a shit from years ago when I knew him. Dads like to blame the xwives, say " we just let her do whatever, and we felt powerless, or other excuses about how they just switched off" makes me furious they have the choice to just ignore and be unavailable to their kids, the kids gets stuffed up, new partner "me" comes along, recognises the problems, recognises he has been a lazy, head up his ass parent, and then " I" get the blame for not trying hard enough to fix this shit fir brains kid, to like this kid, love this kid, and retain respect for my partner at the same time. Get stuffed, I'm out. I'm drained, I'm over them. Its not my problem!!!! Thanks, vent over!

Orange County Ca's picture

Don't blame yourself just don't make the mistake again. Decades of observing step-families has brought me to the conclusion that parents should not remarry or shack up with another person until all involved kids are adults. Date, have a weekend away, sure but don't bring the guy/gal home to meet the kids or anything else.

My advise to you is the same.

HappilySelfish679's picture

Hmm.. can't agree with that . DH was 40 when we met and his kids at the time were 5 and 8. He should live alone, without a partner , for the next 13 or 15 years ? Don't think so.

Generic's picture

What's that sound? Why, it sounds exactly like a nail being directly hit on its head.