Easter

Rae06's picture

Every year for Easter I put a basket together for bk and skids. Last yr sd 17 threw it in the trash and sds 11 wouldn't ever say thank you. Skids haven't been to our home since Christmas. My question is, Do I still do something for them for Easter?

Rags's picture

Nope, inclusion is earned with appropriate behavior. If they come and bitch about not having a basket remind them of their toxic bullshit last year.

Rae06's picture

They haven't been to our home since Christmas and say they don't want to ever come back. They won't answer phone calls or text from their father or me. I'm assuming they don't plan to be here Easter either. They only way I would be able to get anything to them is to mail them money to buy what they would want. I don't want them to come. I just don't want to add to their bad behavior.

Lavendarlulu's picture

Easter is my favorite holiday. I always dream someday that I have my own little girl so I can have fun with her for the holiday. Right now i'm living with evil SD that looks just like her crazy BM.

MamaDuck's picture

If you guys are expecting them on Easter, will your DH have the opportunity to let them know that because of their behaviors last year re/ easter baskets, this year you guys will not be bothering, if they whine, that's when you/DH set the expectations, giving them the chance to behave like civil human beings and experience the rewards of that.

But otherwise, do not feel the least bit guilty for leaving them out.

I'm glad SD5 won't be with us for Easter, she has a major addiction to sugar, I am envisioning her devouring her stash asap and throwing tantrums for more/high on sugar. *shivers* As for my 3, they can make an easter basket last several weeks

No Name's picture

Had to comment on this one. For many years I made beautiful, creative Easter baskets for bks and skids. Never once did I get a thank you from the skids. They thanked DH who had nothing to do with the purchasing of the goodies or the making of the baskets. Then one year I decided to take my children and go away for Easter. It was up to DH if he wanted them to have baskets. He waited to the very last minute and the baskets were pathetic. You know, I felt bad but it kind of felt good too. I have not made them baskets since. And just for giggles once I posted all of the pictures of those beautiful Easter baskets that they used to get. All I ever wanted was a "thank you". I would not make your ungrateful skids baskets however I would mention to DH that if he wants them to have baskets that he will need to take care of it because of what happened last year.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Not just no, but fuck no! I make something for you and you toss it in the TRASH? Never, ever again.

SMLIFESUCKS's picture

The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

NO and NO.

The no thank you's I get but did they look like they enjoyed them? I don't get thank you's either but if they didn't toss them in the trash as the other did, I probably would look past it.

But here's a better one DAD can do it. I know he can. They have all the stuff at the store right now. So tell DAD to go and get it because that's just nasty they way they treated you.

I made cakes for all the kids birthdays, BM and SDs complained, they didn't get their own cakes or blah blah blah. I stopped.

This year when I made a cake for SD9, I got a thank you because I specifically said to DH "If it isn't appreciated it will NOT happen AGAIN"

Rae06's picture

Well Easter came and went. I didn't send the skids anything for Easter. We text and called them with no response. I think its time for us to give up. they've made it clear they want nothing to do with us at all. Guilt makes me sad but the evil sm is so happy. Why do bio parents turn their children into evil spawns of satan just to hurt the other parent?