Drama

ediioia1's picture

I have been with my wife for almost seven years now, we met in 2012 when she was just parting ways with the ex because he had cheated on her and he was a deadbeat dad. I took in her situation in knowing what I was walking into for the most part, but this relationship has been a roller coaster of many ups and downs, I was nice enough to pay for her divorce but it ended up taking three years to finally get done. After it was done the baby daddy moved out of state and pays no child support or hardly has any contact with the kids, the kids have said abusive things towards me over the years and I have done nothing but try to support and help them in the best way that I can, there is major trust issues between us because I have found out she has given him money behind my back I forgave her then we got married and yet again she helped him by playing middle man with helping him out when he needed money. I’m confused on what to due from here. Please advise 

ediioia1's picture

Hey there, 

she has given him money once a few years ago, she didn’t tell me and I was looking through her phone to what they may have been talking about and I found that out, I put my foot down and she has not contact with him since trust me I know. 

tog redux's picture

Sounds like you know what to do, but you want us to say it's OK.  You have a roller coaster marriage with a woman who is not only likely expecting you to help support her kids, she's sending money herself to the person who should be supporting those kids, behind your back.

You at least didn't say she was "amazing" and the love of your life and everything was wonderful otherwise.  So what keeps you there?

SteppedOut's picture

This.

I'll full on say it: shit changes or divorce. Figure it out sooner than later so you are not stuck paying alimony... let me guess, she doesn't work?

ediioia1's picture

Hey there. 

Shes the one who’s been working most of our relationship I have been out of work the past year due to a work related injury but I plan on going back to work once I fully heal. 

Harry's picture

Your wife has feelings, major feelings for her EX. Let her go back to the Ex that what she wants.  I could never be disrespected that way. This is total disrespect for you.  Just as bad as have Ex comeing over for a just a little sex. Not major sex. 

marblefawn's picture

It sounds as if you dove in 200% and way too fast to see this is who your wife is.

So how do you set boundaries now, after the fact? Rip off that Band-aid and lay down the law. You can't slide into new boundaries after all this time when you're already at the end of your rope.

Figure out what you want to change. Put it on paper. Lay it out to her. Get her to sign the paper so she knows you mean business. And then hope she meets the agreement. Be honest about what you'll do if she doesn't change.

You must be firm so she knows how serious you are.

Maybe you're past this point and you just want to end it. I don't think anyone would blame you.

Rags's picture

Call the locksmith, rekey the locks, take all of the financial resources and move them to an independent account at a different bank in your name only, and tell her to go live with her X since she is supporting him financially.

Nope, X's who should be paying CS do not get any financial support. Period! Let them both rot.

smh