You are here

Going insane with SS!

Jacksmom's picture

I hate to say this and I know there are others who feel this way but I cannot stand my step son! I have a son who is 3 months younger than his (both turning 3 son). We only have his son every other weekend and that's too much! This kid is spoiled rotten, anything he wants he gets. Has to be rocked to sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night to be babied to sleep again, then wakes up early in the morning to get in bed with us. I did no co sleep with my son and I refuse to sleep with his almost 3 year old! In addition to me not sleeping the difference in the way he treats them is enough to make me scream. My son is expected to listen right away, behave properly in public, say please amd thank you so on. Which I have no problem with, my son is well behaved for his age and that how I've raised him to be. Now his kid on the other hand that's all a joke! I counted the one day and time out was threatened six times for bad behavior before I stepped in and took care of it! He has admitted that he is harder on my son and doesn't want to be harder on his because he doesn't get to see him often. I personally find it b.s.! My son is no angel but his kid is down right rotten. I dread the weekends he's here and purposly request to work those weekends because I can't stand being around him.
I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here other than a rant because no one else seems to understand why I'm like this. But I feel like it's ruining our relationship and he's not willing to step up and parent his child. What do I do to make this better!? Help me!

2Tired4Drama's picture

Suggestion: You may want to repost this in the general comments section to get input from people who've experienced what you are with regards to their children vs. skids.

This is the "Bio Child Free Zone" meaning it's for people who do not have children of their own.