You are here

A FREAKING NIGHTMARE!

AquiousTransmissionsOverADistantHorizon's picture

Right to the point.
Ive been with my wife for about 10 years, cant have kids of my own."Thats fine with me" my wife has 2 kids. Boy is 13, girl is 10.
The boy has been an asshole always. Sorry if it sounds wrong...But its the right description.
He has always considered me "dad" and the girl is intelligent, pretty quiet can sometime get normal kid annoying..not to bad. She refers to me by my name "Which is also fine with me".

The boy throughout the years has just steadily become worse, He is a physcopath by definition, as he absolutely never takes blame, nothing is ever his fault, he will manipulate anyone with anything he can think of to get what he wants.
Hes the type that will touch the hot plate...wine about it, blame it on you....Then do it again..over and over. I am not exaggerating!
So throughout the years, Ive had to get a little physical with him "Not abuse like where im choking him or punching him, etc..etc" but once he hit his sis. I picked him up by his front of his shirt and put him in his place, there has been a few times something similar has happened....but not very frequently.
He is always grounded it seems, because he will never budge.
Well, over the summer he visited my wifes parents and put up a big fit about how unfair we are..etc..etc said something where I hit him so bad he was on the floor and needed to go to the docs, and I just told him to go to his room "I have no idea where this is coming from"
And over the course of a few months, the grandparents NEVER talked to us about this, and waited until we sent him down to Florida with his sister to visit for XMAS.
Well, my wifes daughter; still be fairly young doesnt understand what the term "HIT" means..so when they asked her if I hit him, she reluctantly said "well ya" because obviously she thinks that being that she has never seen what real abuse or "hitting" is.
My wife parents are dumb..plain and simple, my wife even says it.
So tthey send back my wifes daughter on the plane and say they are going to be doing something about Kobe and that "we wont be abusing him anymore"
And I kindly explained to them that they have only really seen this kid only a fraction of time of what we do, and they dont know everything....Well they are good puppets for my wifes son "The puppet master" to control.

So here we are.
My wifes stepdad is an asshole "He actually alienated all my wifes siblings and wife too" and Im afraid if I see him in person.....Hes going to get a headache real quick.
These people are not going to listen to reason, so what he hell?

Now, Im contemplating leaving. Ive had the thought a few times over the last year or so just because the boy was pushing me to almost really abusing him, "my wife agrees about my assessment fyi"
The girl I feel like is going to be the little secret spy in my home, this nonsense these people pulled has completely stripped my authority away. And Im not the type that allows the place where I live to be controlled by someone else.

Im still quite young at only 28, and I feel like Ive wasted a lot of my youth on some others nonsense. "Since I was 19"
Step parents get no respect, they are always the asshole, and eventually feel resentment I think.
I feel bad about my wife because I do love her.
I read someones post that said
Steps are for stairs, not relationships.
Im starting to feel thats true.

twoviewpoints's picture

" Ive had to get a little physical with him .Not abuse like where im choking him or punching him, etc..etc, but once he hit his sis. I picked him up by his front of his shirt and put him in his place, there has been a few times something similar has happened....but not very frequently."

That right there would have had you gone from my house. But I realize that's not what you asked. The in-laws have no grounds to physically keep the boy without going through the investigation/court route. Your wife can demand his return and the police will retrieve the child. Basically they kidnapped him.

However forcing the child home won't stop the issues going on in your home. The child will become more defying , your anger will kick up the ramp and you'll all be more miserable than you were before D flew the kid down for the visit. So what's the grandparents plan. Have they contact DCFS/CPS to have your home investigated? Are they going for a temporary custody? What are the steps being taken right now by both your DW and her parents?

Disneyfan's picture

So grandparents kept the kid and mom didn't raise hell about and take her ass down to Florida to get get her son???

I think mom and her parents had this planned. More than likely, she believes you're too hard on her son and this is the best solution. .

Disneyfan's picture

If the OP has reached that point and mom won't leave to protect her kid, then the grandparents did the right thing. The only mistake they made was sending the girl back as well.

Since mom didn't go pick the kid up, she must share the grandparents opinion of things.

blayze's picture

I agree with this 100%!!!

I don't agree with big people picking on little people, but if the little person wants to act all big and bad, it's the big person's right to check the little person... especially if you're paying for that little person to live!

Rags's picture

You are such a Mom Ditz. And an excellent one at that. I completely agree with you on this.

When my Skid got in his mom's face and made the mistake of swinging on me when I intervened when he was 15 he met the wall with his feet a foot off the floor and my fists at his throat when I picked him up by his coat collar. When he quit spluttering and struggling he was out the door into a blizzard with only one shoe and no coat. He stayed there long enough to start turning blue before I opened the door and let him back in.

The three of us sat down for major come to Jesus discussion at that point and for the rest of his childhood there was never any screaming or yelling at his mom or I. Yes/no Ma'am/Sir. He could disgarre with us, express his opinion but when enough was enough and he got the look he knew that discussion was over and Yes/no Ma’am/Sir were his only options at that point. He learned his lesson and I learned how to confront his behaviors in a way that was effective in diffusing his anger and frustrations without losing my temper.

For the most part.

Woah, I couldnt even get through all the messages.
without having to post anything. I suggest some read all the way.
I was quickly typing out the story, I left out very much due to lack of space.
I dont see how picking a kid up by the shirt is abusive?

Little fyi for you all, Im a non violent type of guy who is a practitioner of Tao which real is "zen" so its not like Im out looking for problems, and its not like Im literally kicking his ass.

I also DO NOT want any upset biomommys and daddys getting emotional and negative.
I would rather have someone with Exp. put in their view.

And yes, I live by the rule "Spare the rod, spoil the child" I do believe in strong structure and discipline. Simple, if you dont agree and want to be negative please dont reply.

DTZY, Yes you are right and thanks for the support.
My wife and I's house will not be dominated by a bully teen or pre teen.
And I will not tolerate his abuse on his sister.

Also, my wife supports me on this 100%, she has disowned her mom and stepdad because of this.
And, the grandparents was already calling back today agreeing on some of what we told her, and he has only been there for 10 or so days!
My wife has been offered jobs in child safety division due to her being a bachelor in criminal justice.
SO, before you get judgmental; keep that in mind.
We both agree that her son needs to experience a little real life and different scenery. so life can give him a nice kick in the ass.
I also want to stress again.
PICKING A KID UP BY THE SHIRT IS NOT ABUSE!
Yes he is violent, and does try to "flex" on his mom.
He tried once on me, and I called him out on it...he stopped
Yup, we have tried consoling, talking, nice guy, tough guy, walking through, all that stuff.

I also want to reintegrate how this is only "empowering" him more to believe that he should be able to do as he wishes.
Thanks everyone for the positive reply's by the way.
I think the negative'rs are "bios" who are thinking about this as some scary "stepdad" movie

That is not the case, trust me on this

Real abuse;
Punching, knocking out, drawing blood, choking, etc..etc

I know, because I suffered real abuse

And the fact that my step daughter doesnt even know what real abuse looks like, only confirms my side.
No more negative comments please, My wife and I are dealing with enough negative

Rags's picture

AquiousTransmis... Give it a little time. It won't be long before the little asshole hits gramma and your ILs will gain clarity through swollen blackened eyes and send the little bastard back to you and his mom.