You are here

BM's reaction to the divorce papers-soooo predictable

missflo's picture

So after being separated for 7 years,(long long looooong before I was in the picture) hashing out and finalising the property settlement, trying to get BM to proceed with joint divorce, which was just too complicated for her to do even though he was prepared to pay the full fees the paperworks just easier if its a joint( she left him for someone else... why the resistance?)
My fdh applied for divorce by himself.
I predicted when she was served with the papers there would be backlash..."what can she do?" .....PLENTY
She was served with the papers this morning (we received notice from the process server) Now she knows its going to happen whether she's on board or not.
Her reaction? Less than 2 hours after receiving the court papers, he gets a text " Boys won't be coming down for holidays they have a lot on up here and want to spend the holidays with their friends" (they were due here on 21 sept for 2 weeks,their school term holidays)
Youngest boy 15 has been doing a countdown everyday since they last went home texting his dad " x days till I see you"
Oldest one 17 1/2) is his mothers ventriloquist dummy so fdh only hears from him if the cash is flowing.
I knew she'd pull something, but I didn't want to be right.
Good grief woman.... do you even realise how bloody predictable you are??

Laurah's picture

:jawdrop:

Sometimes... I really wish the ex's would drop dead.. atleast the divorce is going through Smile
Take her to court though that's really unfair of her but i agree, take her to court and throw a book at her!!
Smile

missflo's picture

Don't think we'll need to. When Mr 15 finds out whats happened (cancelling the visit... not the divorce) the proverbial will hit will hit the fan. He's been making noises about coming here to live for his last 2 years of high school in Jan next year (Better Programs and opportunities than were they live)
Add to that his mother does and always has favored the older one. Especially now that he refuses to be her puppet like his brother.
Child support for the older one finishes in December (woo hoo) so if younger son comes here to live... the gravy train really does come to an end.
I think she'll cave. I predict the younger one will probably come... we'll have some drama beforehand but he'll be here.
Older one won't come.... and I'm fine with that. Smile
I know it breaks fdh's heart that his oldest treats him this way... but the younger one deserves the break from his a%$#ole brother
Sitting at home withe flu waiting for the sh**storm to start. Sad

Laurah's picture

That's really positive and it sounds as though the younger son really needs a break. The BM sounds like she needs a reality check, her kids are not tools..
glad you have a positive approach to it though and are supportive of your step children and partner.
It might get harder before it gets worse with BM though, good luck Smile