You are here

Why am I not surprised?

Newimprvmodel's picture

So this week I was looking over some bills and find that dh paid over 500 dollars for repair work for a vehicle that his oldest daughter took from him by court order. Yes you read that right. In dh's divorce, written that parents would pay for a car for spawn, but ex pointed out to court that dh had two vehicles, so therefore he should give up one to brat who wrote letter to court over how father had nerve to make her wait hours to be picked up from her summer job! So oldest daughter gets car awarded to her, takes car.....2 years ago. She gives car to her sister, who herself takes father to court to go to private college, above the state schools agreed in divorce stip.
so.......I find out that dh voluntarily plaid for the "stolen" car to be fixed so youngest brat could use it. This was several months ago when she was on speaking terms with him. I asked him about it and I absolutely hate when he tells me he told me then. He did not! I ask him why would he pay for the car that basically was stolen from him by them? And he wonders why he got such miserable cruel daughters? It just blows my mind........

Newimprvmodel's picture

I should add that in awarding the daughter the car, at 20 years old no less, dh was made to pay for all insurance and repairs, which he did for 2 years until oldest was emancipated. Of course ex witch paid not a dime, and now youngest has the car, a nice SUV. Why would he volunteer to pay given that it really was car jacked by them? But again, he condones their behavior.

Newimprvmodel's picture

I guess it is something I realize......that no matter what they do to him, he acts as if nothing happened. I am not ending my marriage over it, but will be savvy with finances and continue to ensure that when we pass, they get nothing from me.

Newimprvmodel's picture

I am smiling old one because I am struggling with your very thought. I see it as if someone steals your ring and then you pay to get it adjusted so that it fits the thief's finger. This man is so spineless when it comes to his ex and daughters. The relationships are so disturbed, but honestly he is good with my kids and in our marriage. I guess the first family took advantage of all of his positive attributes.....generosity, kindness, etc. He is so manipulated by them and he just does not appreciate how disturbed they are, nor how warped he reacts to their outright attacks. He allows them to live their lives as victims. He jumps at any crumb they toss him. Right now he has no involvement with them, other than court ordered money. I intend to keep them away as long as possible. I am not being mean, just protecting my sanity.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Not very well off.....upper mid class? All his retirement gone.....to the lawyers and spawn. However, if he can be manipulated by them, so can I play the game. I am sleeping with my husband every night. Stepaside made a very good point with that, and I intend to take very good care of my husband!

Newimprvmodel's picture

I agree totally. He will continue to be guilted by them, but I have my own money and career and they will continue to stay separated. Look, I love my dh. I understand his engagement with them, what motivates it. However, it is basically warped and really they are incapable of having a good decent relationship with my dh. Sometimes I think it has been worth the money rather than have them around.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Well they made a serious mistake in making an enemy of me. I think sometimes people go too far, drop a bomb on people who are not their adoring parents, and then act surprised when the wronged people basically say , "no way". Yes, they may have gotten some money out of their father, but they have essentially been gone for the past 6 years, and dh is not falling all over himself to engage them. So I would say they made a dumb decision. They are crying victim, but really who cares now? My dh and I have a good life, yes.....he does fall into their trap every once in awhile, but as dear stepaside points out, we are the ones who sleep with our husbands every night.