You are here

THEY'RE BRINGING THEIR DOGS TOO!!!

toywas's picture

Just found out yesterday AFTER THE ENTIRE HOUSE IS SPOTLESS AND CLEANED that his ADULT kids are bringing THEIR DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello, dogs in new places mark their territory; went in one ear and out the other. I told my DH that NO dogs will come in this house except in our mudroom (which use to be a 1 car garage), and if his precious kids didn't like it, then leave ALL THE DOGS over at their darling mothers house. Granted, I am a dog lover (we have 2 dogs, chickens, rabbits, and goats) but our dogs are trained just to stay in the mud room due to my allergies and their shedding. And now I have to worry about a 2 year old boxer and a long haired lab! Please someone give me patience for Christmas!

Last Christmas all of his ADULT kids brought their families here and everyone had the damn flu! I even tried to postpone the holiday for another time when no one was sick; no can do! Needless to say, my house had vomit and diarrhea in every room. Hubby had lots to clean up because I went to bed BECAUSE I GOT THE DAMN FLU!!!

Christmas was always my favorite holiday but since being married, I dread it because of his entitled kids.

Thanks for letting me vent. I just want to cry. And now bad weather is on our way (we're threatened with 3-8 inches of snow) and I want to cry even more! Merry Christmas everyone and I hope your holiday goes well. You're in my prayers!

StickAFork's picture

I'm sorry.
Wink I'm on the "dog" side. We always brought our dog to holidays and today my brother and SIL will be bringing their dog over. (We have 5 cats and a dog...)

I hope these dogs don't make a mess of your house!!

toywas's picture

Apparently hubby told the kids NOT to bring the dogs to our house but their response is "where are we going to put them then?" It's going to be an interesting holiday!

jennaspace's picture

You can get extra, extra large dog dishes for water and food. This is what we do as the kennels are expensive and dogs are traumatized by going anyway. We have 2 dogs and would never consider bringing them to someone's house unless they specifically said we could. I can't imagine asking. I think my brother or sister are the only people I would feel comfortable asking.

We live in CA so weather isn't much of a problem though. They need to call months ahead of time to book during the holidays. Too bad they didn't think of it or don't want to pay for it.

They should have cleaned their own vomit and diarrhea, ewww!

toywas's picture

Like I said, I am a dog and animal lover but when family comes (espcially the younger kids) everyone gets excited because Santa came. The gifts get ripped open, the kids are with toys, and where are the fantastic SK - in the "alcohol" room and the dogs are sniffing in every other room marking their territory. It's not a holiday when you have to stand guard to make sure your home doesn't get ruined by ungrateful brats; you're already in a mental guard as it is.

forgotten wife's picture

I don't want my dog stressed out by another dog's presence in "her" home. I had to tell DH to advise SS25 not to bring his dog with him for visits. His dog was sweet but I just don't want that added stress and commotion going on. SS was bringing her without notice and without asking if it was all right with us. DH didn't have a problem with it (of course) but I'm the one who does all the cleaning and accommodating for guests, man and beast.

It's not THEIR home. They need to ask first and accept "no" for an answer. Their problem of where to put the dogs is not yours.

oldone's picture

I love, love, love my dogs but I would no more think of taking my dog to someone else home UNLESS THEY SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR MY DOG TO COME.

I am friends with the couple who have my dog's parents and a sibling. They often ask if I will bring him over - but I never ASSUME that I can take him. And sometimes they come out and say "don't bring your dog" or "bring your dog". And we are talking a short visit 4 blocks from my house.

Even people that love my dog don't always want me to bring him.

toywas's picture

The reason for them bring their dogs - I AM NOT COOKING and their wonderful dad (my hubby) is not cooking either, and they're super pissed. Can you imagine what it's like shopping (and paying for), cooking and cleaning for 18 grown ass adults + 6 grandkids with NO HELP? I did this for 9 years for every holiday then 3 years ago I suggested everyone bring a dish for Christmas dinner. You would have thought I asked for a kidney?!?! The first Christmas was ok; the year after that we only had 3 dishes for everyone. I feel if they're NOT going to bring a dish to pass for everyone, then they really didn't want to eat here. No way will my husband put the bill of this many people on his charge card! So we did what he suggested - we made homemade cookies FOR AN ARMY! My cupboards are bare because I refused to grocery shop except for the bare necessities of tonight and tomorrows dinner and that's it! With the threat of heavy snow, we'll probably be snowed in. But like always, there's plenty of wine and beer (the kind I like) this grocery store closed forever! I can't share the love when none is given to me!

Orange County Ca's picture

Most pet owners, including myself at times, forget that not everyone loves animals. Some people fear them as I did dogs for many years because of a incident in my teens.

The only way to handle rude unthinking people is to think for them and remind them, rudely if necessary. They will do just fine in the mudroom which is large compared to most mudrooms.

dontcallmestepmom's picture

I would never dream of bringing my dog to someone's home. She is the sweetest thing, but that is just rude. I rescued her, and my cat, but they stay here. I have not been on a vacation for years because my dog is special needs, and because of that, I don't want to board her.

Your skids need to pay a sitter or kennel, or stay home. It is hard on many animals to "visit" homes, too. They should be left home or in a boarding kennel.

Shannon61's picture

I agree with the others, they should take the dogs to a kennel or have someone come in and feed and walk them. Not only that, it's downright inconsiderate to visit someone when you know you're sick.

I recently had out of town relatives try to impose on me and DH for four days (with 2 kids). I knew if I'd agree, they'd end up coming every year. I not only recommended, but found them a hotel. I used the ruse, "we have to work year end overtime" so we wouldn't be available to socialize, go to dinner, etc. Worked like a charm. Guests staying at a hotel makes life easier for everyone. And I didn't have to dread walking into my home every night.

Krispey Kreme's picture

My MIL used to bring her nasty little dog to my house all the time. The minute she put it on the floor, it would immediately shit and pee. She'd stand there and giggle and say "Oh dear, Pierre had an accident". Bitch. She'd wouldn't try to clean it up or anything. I finally started asking DH to clean up after his mother's dog. Then it stopped. Finally the little bastard died. No more dogs for MIL.

I think if people bring their dogs, they need to bring a crate or leave it in their car. and I would not shy away from telling them so. If they are nervy enough to bring an uninvited dog, you should be nervy enough to tell them to keep it outside. I bet they'd only bring it once. If it was DH's family bringing dogs, tell him he is responsible for clean-up and flea bombing afterwards.

toywas's picture

The one SD40 brought their dog (a service dog) yesterday and all went well. However, another SD29 is coming tomorrow with their 2 year old Boxer and that one is very territorial. Mud room or outside (that's the only choices I am allowing in this house!) I'm surprised hubby is agreeing with me!