You are here

So tired of being disregarded.

grace8205's picture

Tonight I was on the internet and saw this online:
http://powertochange.com/discover/family/stepson/
Decided it it was time to write a letter to my fiancé and leave a copy of the post attached.

The first is their marriage covenant.
When a man and a woman come together in marriage, part of the vow says, “Forsaking all others.” That means the husband and wife will give preference to one another—even in a blended family situation.

If he doesn't get it after that I am out of here and taking my money with me, which will be devastating since I paid for the house.

Like a lot of you I am tired of being expected to tip a toe around a 19 year old step kid that lives with me and I am so tired that my SO doesn't do right by me.

Orange County Ca's picture

YOU bought the house? Is the deed in your name? Is it a community property state?

Whatever the answers are if its that bad tell him he must leave and take his kid with him. Tell him you made a mistake, take the blame to avoid an argument. Don't enter into any arguments or discussions. Tell him by the end of the month you are re-keying the locks. Tell him you're open to discussion once he has cleared out and perhaps the marriage can be saved but only after you've had time to think on it.

If you do take him back one of the conditions is he signs a quit claim deed giving you any interest he has in the home. Available at any stationary store, simple to fill out - just copy the information from your deed - but make sure you file it with the county recorder as it is only valid if recorded.

SugarSpice's picture

at a certain point, i also stopped tiptoeing around. if the skids got nasty with me, i shot it right back at them. juvenile? no. the dh would not support or defend me so i took things into my own hands. i also earned their respect when i refused to be a doormat/housemaid to them.