You are here

No gifts for SDs this year!

Kes's picture

My SDs are 21 (nearly 22) and 20. Last year I bought them Xmas gifts, but I am so over this. They ignored my birthday, (nothing new here), but worse, they ignored my DH's birthday in November too. He is currently paying for them through university. I was mad as hell. I told him that's fine, they can ignore, but I will ignore their Christmas. They will probably be coming here for a meal one day at Xmas, expecting gifts. From him there will be nothing, as they both asked for their Xmas money about 3 mths in advance, and got it. Plus, from me there will be nothing too. Feels so liberating! }:)

Kes's picture

monkeyskids - ooooh the "E" word! yes they ARE!!!!! no I don't actually think he will get gifts - good for him.

Dancing - acknowledge me? lol they never have in 14 yrs, don't expect them to start now! Wink mind you, I barely acknowledge them any more........

hereiam's picture

My SD25 is in for quite a surprise this year, when DH doesn't call her to make arrangements for us to give her Christmas gifts.

I can't wait to hear how she is going to bring it up when he doesn't, since she never gets us anything so, cannot use that as a ruse.

bearcub25's picture

DSO took SD and SS and they did get me something. I'm sure its a bath wash/shampoo combo set.

I wouldn't care except SD lives with us and she doesn't really care to find out things I would like or not like. I do admit that I put in the pay info for my Amazon Prime account so DSO could order a big gift for each of them. I felt that was within my boundaries to do that 1 little thing, then transferred the money to my account very quickly.

SMforever's picture

Better than no gift, give them a card saying you've made a donation to whatever in their name. That will really piss them off and they will look really dorky if they protest.

Icansorelate's picture

Hope you also do not cook a special meal for them. Whatever night they turn up should be leftover or sandwhich night.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they DID get christmas gifts, They already got cash. Next year they should get nothing unless they learn how to consider other people.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Hi Kes! Lovely to see you!

I agree with the idea of having some impersonal, inexpensive gifts to hand in case your H's will crumbles. Drug store perfume, a cheese slicer, something like that.

And Happy Christmas to you!

CANYOUHELP's picture

We give each of them hundreds of dollars each every Christmas and every birthday; in turn they give my husband a fairly nice personal gift each occasion; I receive nothing; other daughter receives nothing too ever-- for any occasion. Although it is my money too I never even get thanked, but that would mean I would hear from them so that is okay too. I think they only give my husband nice gifts to make certain we know we are completely excluded for any gift giving because they like it that way.

Needless to say, we are disengaged from this insanity now.

sammigirl's picture

Our gold mine has been mined out as well with Skids. DH chose to do it; because I would no longer take on the task of shopping, wrapping, cooking, and entertaining. DH doesn't want to do it, so it has ceased. A small box of candy, mailed to each for Christmas was it this year j(on line order).

Love it!

Kes's picture

Exjuliemccoy - and you too! A cheese grater lol. I posted on another thread about gifts - one that the SDs gave me one year - a small bottle of speciality vinegar with dust on it, that NPD BM had obviously had in the back of her kitchen cupboard for x years. Very appropriate, not. Among other memorable presents was a make up bag that had obviously been purchased in the £1 shop. monkeyskids, I am not sure as yet how it will be handled.
I have just had an argument with my D(actually not so D) H about when his daughters will come over Xmas - all to accommodate them and not at all to fit in with my preferences. So tbh, I don't really give much of a s**t what they think when they come over and there are no presents for them under the tree. I have no doubt they will go back to NPD BM's house and badmouth us up hill and down dale, but do you know what? I couldn't give a flying f**k.

Kes's picture

Icansorelate - yes, indeed, I am not planning a special meal. In the past I would have, but I am so over that now as well. I will probably do an everyday meal such as pasta if they come over, they are lucky to get that, tbh.

sammigirl's picture

My Christmas dinner is simple and welcoming; but no invitations. My 100 year young Father will be here, a dear friend, who lives alone, and other family and friends have been indicated they will stop by to visit.

I am over the big, Brady Bunch dinners. Not happening.