You are here

"My wife and I.........."

Newimprvmodel's picture

Did anyone have any thoughts on the announcement that Prince Charles AND his wife made officially about the royal birth? It started with....."My wife and I are thrilled with the birth of my first grandchild. ......." It then went to only consist of statements using "we". I must say that if I were Camilla, I would be very pleased with my husband being so inclusive.

Newimprvmodel's picture

I certainly will not be wanting myself to be included in anything regarding dh's daughters. In fact, I would be tempted to alert any potential suitor and his family to run for the hills!

Kes's picture

As a Brit, I agree with outtahere that Charles and Camilla are well suited, and he never should have married poor old Diana. She drew the short straw when she took up with him, as she said in that famous TV interview, there were always three people in her marriage.

The Queen is fine, she is old school, but I am not a big fan of Charles or William, they both whine about the press too much, and Charles and both his sons actually despise the common people. Harry, I can just about tolerate, as he has many redeeming faults, if you are a Royal you need lots of these.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Yet kate is a commoner, both parents were flight attendants! And they got in the door by default, their mother's uncle abdicating. In the end, we all are the same. I do not think there is anymore royal blood.

Kes's picture

Mm, they were once flight attendants, but I don't think having a business worth 30 million pounds is all that common. Sent their daughter to a posh school and a posh university.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Do you think that Kate's family business has gotten a big boost by their royal connection? Here in the states, I have seen Pippa trotting around with celebs.. She is someone that I do not think much of. But maybe it is human nature? To take full advantage of our connections. There does seem a real genuine ness with Kate. I guess she is not jaded yet shaking hands! I had never heard negative press here in the states about the royals. I did feel sorry for Diana.....her marriage clearly was a farce..

Newimprvmodel's picture

Just saw the news.. A Brit reporter saying that "as there is only one real grandmother, the influence of the middle tons will be greater than the royals......very different from history". Should be interesting to see it played out!