You are here

Jeez.......

Newimprvmodel's picture

So I actually encouraged DH to stop in and visit his pregnant daughter while on a business trip.  She lives on the opposite coast. He had never met her boyfriend and it seems they are NOT getting married. Which could be a problem for us as she has big issues and I honestly can’t see as a hard working single mother. And to make matters worse it seems all her close family support have moved thousands of miles away. So DH spent a few hours there and I asked him what the boyfriend did for a living.  A reasonable and pertinent bit of info right?  So he says he never asked him!  Unreal.  I don’t know but wouldn’t want to know this about a guy who going to be the father of your grandchild? And I can tell you if they break up the shit is going to hit the fan in a big way.  So anyway I got testy and DH got pissed.  I think I need to go back to disengagement.  

Newimprvmodel's picture

I can’t imagine he doesn’t know this info and likely he doesn’t want to tell me. Although he wanted to discuss giving money to a son in grad school and I stopped him. I said it’s his  money. He can do as he likes but that means I am free to do the same with my money. We both have good careers.  Whenever we talk about all the kids it can get prickly.