You are here

Issues with MY daughter

Newimprvmodel's picture

My daughter is a senior in high school. Very much a daddy's girl. I get that. So this morning I look at daughter's social media and see that at 2am her 16 year old posted that my daughter's father, my ex, was urging them to finish the bottle of vodka!!!!! I almost died. I did find out that my ex was having a birthday party for my son turning 20. Yes, drinking age is 21 here. And a few hours later, the tweet disappeared.
I know that myex's girlfriend was visiting at the time. She lives across the country and my daughter worships her, and plans on attending college in her state, all so my ex can stay close to her, and of course I will be on the other coast. I feel like I am being marginalized.
My thoughts on this discovery? If I confront Dh, he will just deny. I did take a picture of it, never know when it might be needed.
But I feel very sad. Is this likely the tip of the iceberg? I am always, always the bad guy. Enforcing rules. My ex's girlfriend is portrayed as a super mom. Yet obviously she is gone 2 weeks a month traveling with her wealthy boyfriend.
What should I do

Newimprvmodel's picture

Clarification. My daughter's 16 year old friend tweeted at 2am that my ex was urging them to polish off the bottle of vodka. The post later disappeared later in the day. So, nobody here would not be disturbed by that revelation? Clearly he supplying my daughter and her friends with hard liquor!

still learning's picture

I would be livid if exH was doing this with my kids. But as other posters said it would all be denied and in the end there would be nothing I could really do about it. She's a senior so I'm guessing she's at least 18. She's old enough to make her own decisions.

You could create a huge scene, confront everyone but what would that really accomplish? I've talked to my dd20 about drinking, smoking...etc. One of the things I focus on is the fact that alcohol has a lot of calories and how a beer gut is extremely unattractive on a young woman. Smoking gives you wrinkles...blah blah. I'm sure that and all the other info goes in one ear and out the other. So much is out of my hands.