You are here

I need some help...

blue_jay69's picture

I am new to the whole skid thing...my Fiance and I have been together for a few years. These years have been a roller coaster to say the least.

My Fiance says I am over reacting to the newest contact and is dismissing my feelings which hurts me even more. Maybe I am but I feel so overwhelmed and it just seems to get worse, I talked to a Psychiatrist but he said that it is up to my husband to understand that I have feelings as well as his daughters. He also said it is up to my husband to protect me as my husband has told me not to say anything to her - which I have done during the last visit.

He has two adult daughters - one in University and one just graduated University.

The youngest daughter has:
- done everything to try to turn his family against me
- locked me out of the truck when we stopped to get something
- lied about me to both her Dad and his family
- wanted her Dad and myself not to post anything about our engagement for a week or a month...depends on who you talk to
- made my life a living Hell except when I was spending money on her
- only was nice if she needed something from me
- caused many fights between her Dad and I
- told her Dad she didn't want him with anyone
- refused to let my bio kids or I go on two excursions which her Dad was going to pay for as I had paid for the other two excursions for everyone. This really upset my bio son as he was looking forward to going to the Museum of Science and I was looking forward to going to the Observatory...we found out she didn't want us to go a little over an hour before we were ready to leave and my son was already dressed to go.
- the two excursions I paid for she ruined by pouting and being mean
- didn't want to do anything with her Dad for a whole day until either myself or my kids and I came around and then it was time for her and her Dad...I felt pushed out and like my kids didn't matter - only her
- ignores me
- yells and disrespects me

His oldest daughter has:
- yelled and screamed obscenities at me
- got her father so upset that he was cruel and mean to me
- wore my deceased son's clothing - he passed away earlier this year...I asked her to take them off and she refused
- lied about me
- expected me to drop everything and get her where and when she wanted to be picked up...I was hit by a car earlier this year also and it hurts to drive the 2 hours to get her. She was mad I could not come and get her until after my Physio which was pre booked before she came, Physio is half way between where she was and where we live.
- took and borrowed whatever she wanted - even if I said no
- borrowed my car and had an accident where she wrote off my car
- she was angry with me when I was very upset and angry about almost losing my daughter in the crash and everyone else possibly being hurt ...but also the lose of something else this year - my car which my deceased son had helped pick out.
- she wanted to know why the accident had to show on her record as it should be just on mine
- disrespected me at every chance

The worst was:
- she threw a hissy fit during her visit after us waiting all day to see what she wanted to do for fun, everything we mentioned she refused. My bio daughter's only weekend off for the summer was this weekend of course...we had no idea his daughter was even coming until a few days before she arrived. My bio daughter has told me the only fun she had this summer was during her visit with my family as she could not enjoy her days off because of the bull which transpired. The skid decided at suppertime, after wasting the whole day, that she was going to spend the evening with only her dad...seconds after my husband told me we were doing something as a family....I stormed off feeling hurt for my daughter and myself...he went along with what she wanted and turned on me - yelling and screaming. She screamed everything at me and ran around outside and screamed more obscenities at me and then they left. I was so upset I fell and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance (I have problems because of the car hitting me earlier this year). After my daughter let my fiance know what was going on..he and the skid returned as I was being loaded into the ambulance and she screamed obscenities at me again. My husband left my daughter at home and took his daughter to the hospital and she threw another fit there like a two year old...screaming she was going to push me and how much she hated me and obscenities again. The doctor thought my problems were mental now because of the things said by both my husband, trying to defend his daughter, and his daughter - I felt so betrayed...so alone...so unimportant...so used...and so sorry for my daughter. I didn't want to ride home with her in the car but I did, my nerves were shot...and she kept at it all the way home..."Bitch"...and other things. I did not want to be in my home anymore...and to be truthful it has not felt much like my home ever since...I still feel like I don't matter when it comes to her. So I decided that the best course of action since they both feel this is my fault that I should end my life...I can't deal with the mental torture from her anymore, I have been through too much this year. I stopped myself and checked myself into the hospital...the Psychiatrist says there is nothing wrong with me, that she is toxic and I cannot be around her or her Dad if he continues to protect her during her bad behaviour. Well she finally left and her Dad finally stood up to her...I was so proud of him...but once she was back home he was telling her how much he loved her and how great it was to have her visit...I felt like everything she did to me was ok in his eyes then...maybe I should have killed myself but I know why I am alive - my daughter...I'm sitting here now trying to figure out why I matter so little to my fiance. We got engaged and she turned it into something which makes me cry still, the yelling and the things she said to both her Dad and I haunt me. It turned the greatest day of my life next to having my kids into something which I felt ashamed of for being so happy. Today he talked to her again...he treats her like a small child and lovingly treats her like nothing happened - no matter what she does or says...she never has to apologize or show anyone respect. I feel like both of us deserve an apology and that she should not be treated like nothing happened because she will always treat us the same way - there is no negative action for all of her negative actions to show her it will not be tolerated.
It seems as I have thought for awhile - it doesn't matter what she does to me or what she says to me...I am unimportant!
She contacted him today after a couple of weeks and he is back to being her loving Dad and she is back to be the small child who gets and does whatever she wants, she talked about a friend coming out here to work. The last time she said this is when she showed up out here last...I am so scared that she is on her way again. If she comes back out here I don't think I can take it...I don't think I can take being a uninvited stranger in this house again or being emotionally tortured again...There has been too much this year so far. I said that to my husband and he is telling me that I have no reason to be upset...no reason cause she isn't coming...we only found out with a couple of days notice before. I am scared...I feel alone again...how do I handle both his indifference and her anger and spite?

blue_jay69's picture

Sorry I used Husband and Fiance in the post above - they are the same person - I have been with him so long I feel like his wife

blue_jay69's picture

PS When his kids are not involved in our lives - he is the most loving and greatest husband around...why does this change happen and what can I do to feel less demeaned and less rejected by his actions and words when they are in our lives?

SugarSpice's picture

its the guilt. i feel for you as this was and is my experience. wheh the skids are not around, he is loving and thoughtful. when they are around, i cease to exist in his world. be happy you have noticed this and really think hard about marry this man who is a jekyl and hyde with you. you deserve better.

blue_jay69's picture

how long have you been going through this? Have you ever tried counselling?

I suggested it tonight because I cannot continue on like this. I want to be with the man I love so dearly and who treats me so good..without the foolishness that comes from his kids which changes his behaviour. And I think Guilt is 100% right - they are always throwing things into his face from the past. And the oldest says things like "I hope your new family is better than the family you have". I know he is in the middle but I don't know what to do to take him out of the middle. I know he is so stressed by the whole thing too that he lashes out...but I am stressed too...

I had wanted them to be a part of our life...but now I think they should just be part of their Dad's life - I think it is important...but I also think it will cause more problems between us. I was hoping they could be part of our wedding at one point...but I do not want the oldest there at all for sure and I am very nervous of having the youngest there also. She, the youngest, I think might be respectful at the wedding for her Dad. But I am so scared and that is not how I want to feel about my wedding, but I know it would be important for their Dad to have them there...

It just seems that the happiness I have felt about him asking me to marry him has being replaced by fear. I am still very happy to consider myself his wife. I wish I could fix this problem without just rolling over and taking the bull from his girls...

sandye21's picture

Ya, but you AREN'T his wife - and BOY, are you lucky!!! First thing is to get the hell out of that situation - period. Leave. Now. Tell your BF that you will not marry him until you go to pre-marital counseling with someone who specializes in blended families. All you have to do is read some of the past posts on this site to know that what is happening right now is wrong. Your relationship should be your BF's first priority. It isn't. If DH yells at you in front of SDs they think they have the right to do it.

The suicide thing is sad but you have to think of your Daughter - and get her out of that environment before she starts thinking she can yell at you too. Please don't let her think that she has to be abused by a man like you are.

blue_jay69's picture

I asked earlier for counselling...I do love him. I know what is happening is wrong...very wrong but he is so controlled by making his daughters happy I think mainly because of what they say and do...I have to find a way to make this better and make the abuse stop. My daughter thank God is very well grounded and she seems to think that his daughter makes him behave in this manner...

Evil stepmonster's picture

^^^Yep^^^
When a man truely loves you, he'll still be loving towards you even if his daughters are around.

Evil stepmonster's picture

I didn't finish reading your post..or any of the comments. After the part about your deceased son(I'm so very sorry for you and your other son for that loss) that was it for me. This seems very toxic. I wouldn't stay with a man who treated me like that or allowed his children to treat me this way. And what the older one did with the clothes, you have more restraint then I would. I hope you get away from this man and find true happiness with someone who appreciates and respects you. God bless.

Rags's picture

Pepper spray! Next time these toxic scank bitches invade your home and steal your son's clothing bathe them in pepper spray. If they get in your face, pepper spray. If your DH gets in your face .. pepper spray.

I have no use for this shallow, polluted, and toxic gene pool you have married into.

Why do you tolerate these toxic people in your life? Change the locks and put your hopefully STBXH and his toxic daughters on the curb.

Move on.