You are here

I don't know what to do ....part two

anothermom's picture

I knew when I got back from my vacation my SO's Dad and son would be coming up. Length unknown they bought one way tickets. My fear is that his (19) son would not go back.
It wasn't right that my SO pawned his son on his Dad.SS. is to take care of his 80 year old grandpa. Ha! Wednesday my SO's sis called me she got a call from the oldest brother saying, On Dads way back from his doctors appt. he stopped to get gas asked SS 19 to go pay and buy whatever he wanted. SS said no. When Dad got back to the truck, SS had his feet propped on the dash! OMG, this kid erks me!
SO knows this his bro called and told him. He doesn't know, I know and it wouldn't make much difference, anyway.
SO's Dad called yesterday. He has gout on his right foot. He is cancelling his trip. SS will be coming....
I planned on letting SS stay as long adDad was here. Now, I don't want him here at all.What is a reasonable amount of time
to let him stay in my home?
I have been looking for another house.I haven't gotten any call backs on them.
Children are a reflection of their environment and looks like my SO was.....ugh, who knows

misSTEP's picture

DO NOT WAIT. Once SS is there, it will never be the "right time" for your DH to talk to him about when he goes back or moves out. Make SURE that you let him know, in no uncertain terms that this is your line in the sand. He only stays x amount of time and that is it. Then either he moves or you do.

anothermom's picture

Thanks, everyone!!!!! SS just called. He is on his way to the airport. UGH!!!
I wish I could kick his ass myself!
SO should be the one to tell him I'm not letting that one pass.
Catlettuce, that sounds just. A whole month, YUCK!!!! LOL BUT,it is fair.
This young man isn't wanted. I feel bad but, he did it to himself. Aunty and OSD. said no way. He treated BM like shit before he left to his Grandfather's. What I doesn't get is why BM. gets off the hook but not me!!!!

sandye21's picture

Agree! That's the reason for the one-way ticket. I'd 'surprise' him with a one way ticket home - leaving in two weeks - max. I have a nephew like this. He's been passed around like a bad 're-gift' and overstepped his welcome in everyone's home. Unless SS is required to grow up, he never will.

anothermom's picture

"Regift" LMAO!
I forgot to mention, please, pray I get a call back from one of the houses I acquired about. Just in case I have to move.