You are here

I am back.....

sammigirl's picture

I am back reading and following here on Steptalk.

I have had a hectic summer after DH'S  passing in March.  I am doing well and will continue here.

I have answered my message board here, and will stay in touch.  Thank you for your support and saving my sanity.  

((((((Hugs))))))

Sammigirl

lala-land's picture

You have so much great advice and wisdom to share.  Your experience is priceless, so please keep sharing.

SacrificialLamb's picture

So glad to see you here! Curious how your SD and her DD have behaved since you told them to not contact you again. My YSD is prodding DH trying to find out our net worth and when she stands to get $$$.  Both SDs are frequently talking about how much they stand to inherit from the different parties in their lives.  

Birchclimber's picture

I'm curious about this too!  My SDs are forever badgering my DH about our wills.  The one is so obsessed, she even took legal assistant courses just so that she could brush up on the subject. 
SMH....

sammigirl's picture

I retired from Law Enforcement and therefore pride myself in how to defuse a hostile situation.  

I visited with my attorney and have a no contact order in place, if in fact it needs to be served.  I informed SD60 and SGD34 that if they came near me, or contacted me, it would be served on them by the Sheriff's Dept, 

I have not heard a word for a year, since DH's passing.  I also have them blocked from all my media and phone contacts, for the past 9 years.  

I had to step up to get it accomplished.  I also monitor my social media.

Hugs....

Exjuliemccoy's picture

That must have really stung them since your ex SD's H is also in law enforcement. Good on you for being ruthless about protecting your peace.

I wish you all good things as you move forward.

caninelover's picture

I'll probably have to do something like this as well but hopefully that day is far in the future...but after my SO passes there I would want to part ways with Bratty McBratFace permanently and she'll probably try and sniff around for more inheritance $ or just to make drama.  

Now I know to do what you did.

2Tired4Drama's picture

We will be better with your presence here, as all your step hell wisdom was hard fought.  Welcome back!

MissTexas's picture

You are doing amazingly well and I am so happy for you.

You give us all a sense of renewed hope if/when something happens to our DH's. Life will go on, and we will be alright.

Hugs~

Rags's picture

I am so glad that you are back.  It is good to hear that you are doing well after the loss of your DH.   I think that any loving partner would want their mate go get on with living a happy life.

Hopefully the toxic spawn and her own spawn have faded with the passing of your DH. 

(((Hugs))) Sammi.

Dovina's picture

So glad to see you on the boards. Your wisdom and experience is essential for this site.

Please stay well and happy  Smile

Oldfool's picture

To see you back. Stay strong.....

Missingme's picture

Thanks for staying.  I hope your ex-skids have sailed in to the sunset by now?  I hope a very happy future for you!

StepUltimate's picture

So glad to see you back. Biggrin

Much respect,