You are here

Home alone

harvey's picture

since disengaging I am finding myself increasingly on my own, tonight home on my own whilst DH takes SD19 out for dinner, cant think the last time I got wined and dined. I am seriously wondering if all this crap is worth it, no let up after 8 years not sure I could stomach another decade of this.

harvey's picture

I hate being a stepmother its the worst situation ever, my husband has been working away all week came back in the early hours of this morning then SD arrives and off he goes...........

Lady's picture

Since disengaging I am alone to. DH is a corn farmer and I use to take my husband his supper to him in the field and would ride with him in the cornpicker when its harvest time. Now I stay home because his kids and STUPID DIL's are alway's in the field . It's hard to make a change because someone tries to destroy your life. I always loved being in the field with my DH. Sad Besides now if i went to the field and one of the SK's or DIL's crossed me it would be trouble for them.

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

(((hugs)))) to you harvey. Why sit home alone when DH goes out with his mistress DD? Take yourself out on a date for you! Whatever you like to do. Movies...that big screen and surround sound and nobodies hands in your popcorn bucket but your own. Heaven! And you can pick the movie! Or go out to eat with a friend...make DH pay for it. The SD wants to see you suffer alone. So don't! If your world has become as small as mine has and all you can focus on is the skid problems and the DH problems...then it is time to blow your world wide open and get out there and rediscover harvey and what she likes to do. She is not some wall flower that sits on the bench while everyone else is going on with their lives. You find her! And you don't have to wait till the next time DH takes his DD on a daddy/me date. Leave his ass at home some night and meet up with some of those hunks on the big screen!

I made the mistake of becoming too involved in my life with DH to the exclusion of my life with me. So now I am going back to school. Getting out and about more. Making that world of mine bigger!

Hey Lady...don't be afraid to do the things you always loved. If you want to be in the cornfield riding around with DH, then do it. Hell, those corn harvest machines are massive....just let me know if you decided to harvest one of the skids or DIL"s....I'll stay away from those corn products for a while!
Really, if you love it...then do it. Sometimes we are called to fight for what we love. Sometimes the fight includes supper for DH and some cozy time together
riding thru those 'waves of grain'. If they bring the fight to you...don't back down....but perhaps don't rise back at them...step aside and say to your DH....you need to handle this one for me sweetie...I'll be waiting in the harvester with your desert. Say it to him with some sweet attitude...see what happens.
I bet your DH misses you out there with him.

harvey's picture

Well DH has said the problem is his SD that if I leave him he would resent her to the point that he does not think he can have a relationship with her, so why leave me at home and take her out?