You are here

Help! Spoiled 22 SD won't leave home

Stepmom11's picture

My 22 yr SD is spoiled beyond belief. Just graduated from college, never had a job in her life, has endless funds deposited in her bank acct from my husband, has a nice apartment in her college town which she still has 7mo left in lease (we pay for this also), she still comes home basically every weekend and won't go back to her apartment. She has been here for going on 4 weeks straight. Sleeps until at least noon (yesterday wS until 5pm), goes out partying every night. Brings her dog with her to our home, which poops and pees all over the house every day. I now have to have gates all over the house to avoid him going on carpet, and so I have to climb over gates to go anywhere in the house and we have to pick our 3yr old up to carry over the gates too. I'm stressed, resentful, anger, and am miserable. I want my home back to myself and want her to start becoming an adult start her own life. Visiting once in a while would be one thing, this is driving me nuts. I'm so depressed feeling over this. Talked to my husband and he ignores it because he thinks she is fine and him spoiling her is fine. Her sister tells me she talks bad about me, however she is generally decent to my face. I guess I am looking for advice on how to ignore this, accept it, or cope. Will she ever move on and grow up and quit coming home every week???