You are here

Gratitude

Bethany's picture

I am so very grateful to all of you for being here. You have NO idea how much you've saved my sanity! For 27 years, I kept thinking "is it me?" I'm a VERY compassionate person and have always tried to see the good in others. You helped me to see reality and this has led to helping our marriage. We are seeing a therapist, but your ability to hear me and validate that I am NOT crazy has been so welcome!

We continue with 36 year old SD who is no longer speaking to us since the gravy train ended. She continues to try to get pregnant with the unemployed, uneducated man who already has 2 children--a toddler from one woman and a new baby at the end of January from ANOTHER woman. He ignores both--got SD pregnant 8 weeks after his last baby was born. He moved in with her. She had claimed her son was "enamored" with the new boyfriend. Yup---boyfriend stays up all night playing video games and sleeps all day. So, her 11 year old just loves this.

BM thinks her new relationship is great--we have blocked BM and SD from our phones. Let her have the "happy little family" move in with her! BM has injected poison from day one and doesn't stop---so, she has NO reason to contact us since SD is 36!

Thanks again for being here!

hereiam's picture

I might have missed it, but what happened with the car?

I'm glad your DH is willing to see a therapist with you. Now, if only your SD would get some therapy and do some soul searching!

Indigo's picture

Oh, Bethany, you are creating your own positive ripples in this odd step/bio parenting group. A bit of "bread upon the waters."

I'm participating in a "Visitation Train" later this month. (Kinda like the Orphan Train of old.) Shepherding step-grandchildren from different biodads to their sociopath mother SD=31 who ditched them for 3 years. Of course, we will have court papers flying since CPS has custody of the 2 SGS's and the SGD-13 ... well, ... It is a cluster-f*ck.

This STepTalk group is my dysfunctional safe place to express the craziness of daily life.

notasm3's picture

I am so sorry for those that are dealing with dysfunctional skids and BMs.

But my advise for those with POS adult skids is always - remove them from your life. No good ever comes from having toxic POS people in your life. And when they are no longer minors there is no reason to tolerate them.

Bethany's picture

SD, age 36, is STILL 2 months behind on lone payment with my husband as co-signer. We just don't care....she is on her own.