You are here

Glad I took the high road

Newimprvmodel's picture

Can you imagine running into your friend's ex husband of 10 years in a grocery and telling him he needs to apologize to his estranged adult daughters?
Fast forward to last night. Dh and I were just finishing up a lovely dinner out and he tells me that he sees the above person and her husband at the bar. The couples had been friendly pre divorce but my dh has not had any contact other than the above, which he had shared with me. He says he feels he wants to go say hi, and I tell him I will not be joining in that as I do not think I could tolerate her comments. Suddenly, she was right at our table......I am sure she heard my comment, but she smiled at dh and addressed me by a wrong name. I am sure she knows my name! I smiled at dh and said I was going to the rest room. This woman immediately sat down in MY SEAT next to dh, and I knew what was coming. When I had finished in the bathroom, I peeked to see she was still there and dh had a phony pained big smile on his face. However I hung back in the lobby, feeling I need to stay disengaged. Only when he got up to leave did she and I approached the table. She exchanged some pleasantries with my dh and she and I ignored each other. She shared that of course she laid into him about his daughters, going so far as to tell him that he will regret the years of no contact, and isn't he thrilled that oldest now has a job........blah blah blah.. Of course dh did not stop her or state the obvious.......mind your own business, you are out of line. Dh did agree that the next encounter with this witch will be to set boundaries.
But let me tell you.....never in a million years would I sink so low. I have divorced friends and would never approach their exes with new wives.. I believe they would laugh in my face tell me to F$&@ OFF!
But I think I did the right thing. It was not place to set the boundaries, and clearly they need to be done.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Clarifications.......the apology bit happened two years ago, and dh is the one who told me what she said.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Well I do not feel comfortable defending husband when he is right there. But I was not going to sit there like an idiot and just listen to this classless wonder spew about equally classless wonders. No way. I think it shows just how entrenched the ex and daughters are as victims. And I bet that their defenders have no idea of half the shit that they have done. Numerous court motions? Failing 4 yrsof college and falsifying grades? I am sure people are not privy to the truth..