You are here

The Gaul & Half-Sister

Nana2's picture

StepAside,

You are so right. DH bends at SD's request. She called him today and told me that what she posted on FB was towards me and that I mistreated her in the emails I sent. Well, she was the one that told me to take a hike and didn't want anything to do with us now in this lifetime or any other. She pointed that out to both of us. So I sent her the emails back and told her to stop lying and that I didn't say anything mean to her. I was cordial and nice to her and she was the one that spewed the ugliness. Well, DH got all over me for doing that. For telling her off. I even went so far as to tell her to grow up then re-emailed her and apologized for that to keep peace with DH. Tonight he's all over me like a wet blanket saying well, she's got the maturity of a 14 year old ... don't they all. Anyway, I got in trouble with him. So he can do as he wants while she's here but I'm not going to meet with her. I refuse to put myself in that position of her treating me like crap and her thinking she can get away with it. If he's willing to let her treat him like that then that is his problem. He keeps saying, well, she's leaving in a few days and will be out of our hair, but that's not the point. She will eventually be in contact again and it will still be the same thing. I am the garbage and he's the savior. Go figure. I'm over it girl. I'm just all over it!

We're suppose to go to MIL's for dinner tonight and if they are there, I'm outta there. I have no intention of being in same home as them, let alone same room. LOL

Will let you know what happens tomorrow if she is there or not. I'm over her and her antics. Just because she's a teenager doesn't mean she shouldn't start to know what consequences are. She's never had to pay them before so better now then waiting until she's 30. LOL

Best to you!

Nana2's picture

Thanks Redfizz. I was just so mad that he didn't even see that she needs to pay consequences for her actions. He's just so protective of his baby girl! Yeah, right! Well, he can be, I won't be. I'm out of there mentally. I'm not playing their games. I won't even bring up SD to him again. If he says something to me about her, I'll just listen and not reply! I'm over her!

Nana2's picture

Well, he even said if HS is there he's leaving. But I don't think they were invited, so I'll go but if she shows up, I'm definitely out of there. I'm not going to play their triangle games. I'm not going to engage with her and I'm staying out of all communications with her via mail, email, phone, text, whatever. She can turn to daddy if she wants, but I'm not playing her games.

I'm definitely out of there in mind, spirit and body!

Thanks for the wisdom. Good to hear other people's experience and can learn from it. Don't want to go down this road alone. Smile

Nana2's picture

I'm honestly going to try. Just not sure how all of that works but I'm not going to enable them any further. Blum 3

Nana2's picture

That was real tacky if you ask me. A call would have been better, duh!!!!! But some people. When SD texted me one night after midnight and woke me up, a few days later I took a picture of the toilet and texted her at 2:30 in the morning. Needless to say, I've not heard from her since. LOL

Gotcha!

Mindygirl1's picture

My SD did all kinds of crappy behind the scenes kind of things (still does I hear through the grapevine)for years. It finally took a really unkind thing and then I shut down completely. I have no contact with her unless her father sets it up and when I go I smile and act just as nice as can be. I don't give her any information about my life that she can run and tell anyone. Someone told me to disenage and I did not understand what it meant...it means to cut them out of your life with the exception of the obligatory events like Thanksgiving, Christmas etc...No personal contact outside of those events. It is amazing and feels like I have been set free. Hubby now has to deal with the crap and fully understands why I no longer participate. He barely participates himself anymore.... I am a step-parent that is WINNING....

Nana2's picture

Mindy,

I'm not even doing anything for her for Christmas. She wants to treat us that way, she can go without. She doesn't deserve anything from us and she sure as H3ll won't get us anything, so it will be a nice Christmas this year without her. Plus she can go to her HSB's house for it. As for Thanksgiving, she won't be around because she'll be in boot camp. YIPPEEEEE

I'm not telling her anything either if we do meet with her for supper before she leaves for boot camp. I'm keeping quiet and letting her and her dad talk. IF we meet. I doubt I'll be invited and that's fine. The less she knows about me the better. She's already caused us enough trouble. I'm tired of her! Sick and tired!