Fuming

Janey1970's picture

The cheek of my adult step daughter never ceases to astound me. We haven't heard from her in months. No birthday card or father's day for my husband but then she phones tonight asking for a loan of money. I pass the phone to dh as I prepare to explode and what does he do? "Oh I think we can manage that!".

As if that's not bad enough, then the sly bitch arrives, takes the cash and informs us she is just back a holiday and was out drinking last night. Does that not just beggar belief? Meanwhile we can't afford a holiday this year at all, the car tax is due next week and we're overdrawn at the bank.

But what really riled me was the lack of gratitude and the filthy looks she seems to think I cannot see her giving me. Who the hell would be a step parent?

melis070179's picture

Who the hell would give someone money when they are overdrawn themselves? Why did you let your DH hand her money?! She is an adult, right?

"I child proofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!"

Most Evil's picture

Take his bank card if he is that dumb LOL! That will fix him!

No seriously, that is beyond ridiculous and if that is an example of his financial decisions, you need to take over the money - make him give it all to you to handle, and he maybe gets an allowance and that is it! Crazy, huh, what the heck?!

life84's picture

I would talk to my DH. You should always choose your battles wisely and this is one worth fighting.