You are here

Farce time

Newimprvmodel's picture

I have not been on here in ages. Dealing with lots of stress with my own kids. I do have to say that my dh had grounds to be furious, but handled the past few weeks with kindness and class. He is a keeper, and yes he is a workaholic, but I do love him.
Dh continues to have no contact with his daughters. He did notice that the student loan people were looking for oldest daughter. He texted her that info. I am sure they will not let 80 k go!!!! Then dh points out this week his ex is liking lots of sites on facebook dealing with getting your student loans forgiven. Hey, I am so glad it is finally coming back to bite them in their asses. If you recall dh was forced by courts to continue to help fund her college all the while failing every semester. So she has to pay back 80k with nothing to show for it.
So we are driving in the car yesterday and dh's old colleague and friend calls, from the Middle East where he resides. Turns out dh's youngest dsughter is there, flew in to vacation with them, she had been hanging out herself in another Mid East country since her study abroad there ended in May.. Hmmmm..........as the conversation progressed it became so clear that this family still thinks that dh and daughter buddy buddy still. They have not seen her in 6 years! But connected through FB. So they are rolling out red carpet for her and a friend! Unbelievable. They say they spent the night talking about how great my dh and I are and what fun we have had in past. Obviously his daughter shared nothing with them......so they hand phone to her and she says hi dad. Dh asks her a few questions about how vacation going, then phone gets handed off. This was on speaker phone and I wanted to tell her off in the worst way!! They asked me if I wanted to speak with her, but I said no..
So she is spending lots money flying all around. And dh got her college bill recently......he pays 10k per year and 10 k child support. This same 21 year old kid will be applying for 60k year grad school in sept.. Hopefully we can get her emancipated..
But what nerve. She pretends to still be connected with dh and the reason this family is having her there is because she is dh's daughter. Yet she and her mother smeared him all over town over the years. Clearly she knew she could not do that with this family.

Orange County Ca's picture

Usually colleges toss a kid who doesn't keep a "C" Grade Point Average but if its a private for profit school they may only care about the cash.

I agree that Daddy should call his pal and tell him thanks for putting her in touch but he hasn't spoke to her in 6 years because ...(very short version)....

I'm sure his pal will give her minimal welcome and move her on as soon as possible.

Newimprvmodel's picture

A few clarifications......it is her sister who failed every semester. Dh had to pay 45 k of that debacle. Her mother co signed her share instead of paying.........and the courts just allowed it, but forced dh to continue to pay. That daughter is now in her mid 20's. Dh has not seen her in years, only when she came to collect some trust fund money from his parents. She owes 80k and ex wife co signed 40 k of it.
This youngest daughter does well in college, unfortunately dh has to continue to pay. She recently just emailed him her college bill, with nothing attached. Did not respond back to a request when she was returning to the states. Now he knows she is hob knobbing with his friends who know nothing about their estrangement. What a user and manipulator! She must have shit her pants when they called daddy to say how well they were taking care of her!

Rags's picture

Time to play the facts and let SD feel the consequences of her and BM's toxic crap.

IMHO of course.

Amber Miller's picture

DH also paid off princesses student loans and she failed all her classes. She would sign up for classes so daddy would continue to pay for her brand new expensive car. So he wasted a lot of money on this scam. He paid for the lies that were created so he could pay for the car. He eventually figured it out and took the car away. Princess then proceeded to have a princess style tantrum.

I cannot believe parents get nailed for support when these brats decide to go to school forever. That's not fair. College is a privilege, not a right. I believe these nasty entitled brats need to take out student loans that they have to pay back on their own.

Orange County Ca's picture

I would hope that the court that ordered that college payment would stop future requirements if presented with a copy of grade transcripts.