You are here

Entitlement CAUSED CORONA in our family

AyeGavalt's picture

Step 1) Entitled, smart-mouthed, step kid insists on taking plane through LAX flippantly, sarcastically saying IT'S JUST THE FLU!!!???

Step 2) Kid REFUSES to wear mask or take precautions  despite warnings.  

Step 3) Kid calls within 2 weeks DEATHLY ILL with Corona. No other reasonable reason for exposure as she lives in remote and still to this day UNinfected area.

Step 4) MOTHER STILL REFUSES TO ADMIT the danger she put her 85 year old gpa and all of us in!  

I!m more incensed by her mother's insane denial to indulge her whim than the kids utter stupidity. And I'm SUPER sick of playing the "momma-bear" card. Really???!!!

Her KID'S WHIMS aren't worth her DAD'S LIFE.

Husband's wife's picture

I had something similar with DH's boy willing to come for a visit. It was a big no no, I would divorce over this shit. World is hitting catastrophy and a huge economic crisis, it is not the right time to put myself, my DD and even DH to such a risk.

I told DH : you want to see your boy? You fly where and you stay until the crisis is over (he works remotely and could've done it from his boy's town). For some reason he didn't want. But I am not having ANY visits now, DH's boy or my own family/friends, all the same.