You are here

Would this ever happen?

cat72196's picture
Forums: 

I know "the system" is pro-BM a lot of the time, and also pretty rigid. I.e., doesn't really take custody/CS cases on an individualized basis.

Long story short, SO has gone for 2 custody modifications & now the "pre-trial conference" for a custody hearing within the last year. Each modification gave him an extra overnight every other week (he had Tues/Thurs evenings, then every other weekend. In other words, after the 2 modifications, what started out as Friday afternoon through Sunday @ 5PM morphed into Thursday after school until Monday morning every other weekend!) This is clearly not about money for SO, but BM is your classic money-grubbing piece of trash. She's not having trouble giving up the TIME, b/c she agreed to these modifications... which just so happen to not put him over the threshold of overnights that would be required to lower his CS.

Well, to make matters worse, BM has barely any living expenses related to the kids. Rent-free home, food stamps, gov't assistance child care & free medical care. SO thinks he can argue to get his CS reduced based on this. He pays CS out the ASS. I just think the planet where CS would be reduced b/c the BM doesn't have living expenses is the same planet where unicorns fly around shitting cotton candy. Blum 3 But does that ever happen (the CS thing, not the unicorns, haha)?

cat72196's picture

Thanks, Leah... he has an attorney, and the attorney said it doesn't matter. Just wanted to see if anybody has heard or seen anything to the contrary. It seems so unbelievably unfair! Kind of like how CS doesn't have to be claimed for income tax purposes! }:)

hismineandours's picture

I dont think this would ever happen. If they reduced his child support-then she would be even more reliant on government aid to support herself-they want her off of aid and able to support herself and kids. The ideal would be just to give the kid to your dh as he could support them without aid-but somehow they never view this as a viable solution.