You are here

When BMs violate court orders

RogueRanger's picture
Forums: 

My FDH’s ex is so crazy and has gotten so hostile in court that the judge told her “for your own benefit and the benefit of the court I suggest you close your mouth” and explicitly expressed to her that she is not to speak to FDH at court or during exchanges of SS7.

FDH had it modified that, rather than him picking up SS from the marital home, BM is to drop him off at a local gas station underneath cameras. This was after crazy BM tried to file a PPO on him by writing a million lies (as I’m assuming she felt out of options for trying to get things to go her way) which the judge threw out without any hesitation. The idea was for the camera to protect him from any further accusations and to ensure BM followed the directions of the judge whose exact wording was “neither party is to exit their vehicles or speak to one another directly during exchanges of the minor child.”

Well, there have now been at least 10 instances of her doing just that since this was modified into the order a few months ago. Every time FDH has said “you’re not supposed to be doing this” and told her to get away from him. She not only gets out of her car, but walks to FDH’s vehicle, even opening doors of his vehicle. She has told him to f*** off while doing this, flipped him off in front of his son, and yesterday’s occurrence was BM walking up to the car and cursing him out in front of SS, calling FDH a “big fat liar” and so on. FDH even caught video of her walking back to her truck on his camera phone. I believe the point of the judge’s including this was to protect SS from this nonsense.

So we documented every instance of this and what was said, plus BM KNOWS she’s been under a camera each time she has done this. After this happened yesterday, FDH sent her a text saying, “I have documented every instance of you violating the order and approaching my vehicle or speaking directly to me during exchanges. Coming up to my car and calling me a ‘big fat liar’ in front of my son was the last straw. I have asked you to stop, now I will be filing for contempt.”

Her response? “I also will be filing paperwork for numerous violations.” Trust me, there have been none. I’m wondering, if she lies again and tries to pettily violate him in retaliation, could she be held accountable for FDH’s attorney’s fees? BM has no lawyer and seems to think the court won’t violate her because she has no income to pay to fines, regardless of the fact that the court gave FDH everything he asked for last time we went to modify and gave her nothing in the bulls*** appeal she came up with to tie the process up.

I’m wondering what experience others have had in trying to find BMs in contempt for court orders. FDH feels that a stop must be put to this particular instance of her violating the judge’s order because she’s just screwing up SS even more than she already has. What are the chances of BM being at all accountable for doing this?

stepmama2one's picture

It all really depends what the court order says. See my husbands say that if she is the one that is going against the order and we warn her of her wrong doings and she doesnt fix it then we can take her to court for contempt and she will have to pay attorney fees. So if yours says that then you have your answer. If not well then you can go to court and have your lawyer suggest to the judge that she pay all the fees seeings how if it wasnt for her you guys wouldnt be paying for more lawyers anyway. Good luck...