You are here

Shared email accounts

tradingplaces's picture
Forums: 

My DH and BM are not to communicate through third parties, but we have a joint family email account that my DH uses to correspond with her, our kids teachers, etc. Do you all think this is this a violation?

He only has it because they have a time limit they have to respond to each other and he doesn't have email on his phone. I just let him know when she emails and he goes somewhere, signs in, and responds. They have a very high conflict relationship and communicate via email only so we don't want to do anything that would make her file contempt.

misSTEP's picture

How long have you guys had this?

Would she TELL you if she were mad about it or would she just file?

Anyone can have access to an email account on the internet (gmail, yahoo, etc) so I am not sure what the benefit would be of having a shared account - but if BM is using it, I think she kind of forfeited her right to be upset about it....right...?

IMO, that clause was put into there to keep BM/DH from using the kids as messengers or involving other friends/family members in their drama.

BSgoinon's picture

If the emails are actually between BM and DH, then it isn't 3rd party. It is considered electronic communication, unless it is stated somewhere the electronic communication is forbidden and HE is the one emailing her, it shouldn't be an issue at all.