You are here

Religious affiliations/bias with court employees

Snowtheist's picture
Forums: 

Any similar experience? My husband (of 3 yrs) and I have been court battling BM of 5yr old SS, main issue: her hitting/spanking child as punishment leaving marks lasting for days/weeks and parental alienation. At first BM was proud because she was carrying out her fundamental beliefs spare the rod spoil the child. She gave police a video sermon that said she must do it to save him from hell. She texted father she would never be swayed from her beliefs and that speaking against a parent is a capital offense in god’s law (my family is very religious also I know this does not reflect everyone’s beliefs). She was prosecuted but case dismissed after she attended parenting classes. After several more incidents and 15 family court appearances $$ (all filings by her) there was an order made of no corporal punishment and 50/50 custody. The commissioner we were dealing with left and new commissioner recused himself because previously he was mother’s lawyer. Case moved to only judge in BM small town. Most recent bruises BM claims she has no idea how they got there, child told police BM did it but later in her custody recanted to cps and said he doesn’t remember how he got them and has NEVER been spanked before and that we forced him to say that. Several police in her small town go to BM’s church and the ones that investigated are saying child sounded coached. Everyone (police, judge, cps) is now saying mother (very charismatic and wholesome) doesn’t seem to be someone that would hit her child and that we’re making it up. If we report any future suspected abuse father likely will lose custody. We’re shocked that we are being positioned as the bad parents. I love my family but it’s already been years of this and the thought of this being never ending makes me want to leave. Already in effect: good lawyer, documented everything, child in therapy.

I don't trust her's picture

Does the child see a therapist at all? If so could you speak to them about what you're observing and give them pictures of any bruising that's showing up? They are mandated reports so if the suspect abuse they have to report it. Even if they don't there seems to be other signs of abuse from his mother that the therapist might be able to unravel.

Thumper's picture

Your husbands ex wife sounds unhealthy. Ma'am we all live in small towns one way or another. It is sad that groups of people have a few bad eggs.

Are you saying the Judge told your DH on the record that  if he reports anymore claims of abuse, he will loose is parental Rights...thats a funny one.

You could go above peoples heads calling your states Attorney General for help.

What state do you live in.

Thumper's picture

Also,,,Little lesson for you today.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child' IS one of  few over used and MIS-USED scripture. Grossly pushed down the troats of unknowing members of churches and sects.

It most certainly does NOT MEAN hit, whip, hurt, strick, spank you child with anything OR your child will be spoiled.

A rod was used to 'guild' a shephards sheep, goats, chickens,,,,his flock. He would never hit, beat, whip, hurt, spank his flock would he?If he did his livelyhood would die and he could not provide for his family.

Be very mindful of anyone as a church leader who teaches to use that rod or hand on you kid to 'guide them'.

Rags's picture

While I am a firm proponent of corporal punishment in certain situations I am not an advocate for child abuse.  Time to go all in on a destroy the BM legal, financial and social campaign and shove this toxic breeder back under the slime covered rock she resides under at the bottom of her shallow and polluted gene pool.

If you document, document, document, take this kid to your pediatrician every time he shows up with beating bruises, and keep this wench in front of the judge then eventually the facts will once again align as they have in the past and she will be held to account.

For sure the kid knows the truth and eventually will call BM out on her crap and expose her as the whack job that she is.

Good luck.

Maria10's picture

Document to the nth degree. Guardians ad litem are a possibility. Attorney general another.

A spanking here an there is not the end of the world.

Bruises that last weeks. 15 times in court. Coaching to say what BM wants. These are abusive actions regardless of religious/ social and familial association.