help me

mommyandstepmommy2011's picture
Forums: 

Long. I'm hoping to save my marriage.

DH is a felon. He has had one job our entire marriage and got fired. He lied about the number of kids he had when we got together.

It wasn't until we were serious that he reveals how many kids he has and cannot support.

So I'm tired of having to provide for all of us. Sometimes it escalates to physical attacks on both ends. Now. DH says he will call the police on me and Sue rather than leave and get a job. How do I protect myself?

Kimberly216's picture

BEST response. I totally agree here. But unless the violence happened ONLY on his end like yesterday - get the lawyer first.

Kim

AllySkoo's picture

Sue you for WHAT, exactly? Whatever it is, he'd need money for a lawyer to do it.... nope, sounds like a scare tactic to me, something to get you to stick around. Don't do it - get out if it's getting physical.

alieigh21's picture

Agree

alieigh21's picture

Agree

We have both struck. Now he starts trying to film fights and says he will call the police and we both will go to jail.

Anything rather than leave and get a job.

kathc's picture

You're a woman. Call the police YOURSELF the next time it happens. When they get there, tell them you were trying to fight back because you were afraid he was going to kill you. Then let them take him away and DO NOT LET HIM COME BACK.

I started off wrong. I started off trying to help him. Wrong there. Then my parents died. While I was grieving he tried to move his kids in for me to feed.

He gets them every fucking weekend and doesn't have any money to buy food for them.

So I took out a loan for him to go to welding school. I got him a car to get to work.

He then says welding isn't for him and sits around eating and watching TV all day.

hereiam's picture

But he has nothing on film yet, right?

Is it your house? Get an order of protection and get him out of there.

realitycheckmom's picture

^^^^BWAHAHAHAHA

She should get pregnant because a baby solves EVERYTHING! Doncha' know that by now???

TobinNZ's picture

This is a troll, surely!?

If not, go to a shelter. You know what you need to do. Otherwise continue to be a punching bag. And don't hit back next time. Let him have no wounds and you call the cops.

kathc's picture

What's he going to sue YOU for? For refusing to continue supporting him and his legion of kids?

Get a restraining order or leave and go to a shelter.

We have kids. I found put about the extra kids thru the unemployment checks being reduced to nothing cuz of CS garnishments. So I'm supporting us on just my salary and sometimes have to pay his CS also.

hereiam's picture

No, you don't have to pay his CS.

You are officially now being used and possibly have been all along.

You are definitely being abused.

Rags's picture

Take your kids and go. If he is paying CS to a school of spawn you might as well get yours on the list and get them the hell away from their felonious father.

That way your pay goes to support only you and your children rather than a criminal Bio Daddy and his prior relationship spawn.

You know this though. Quit being a coward and do what is best for your children.

Go, and go NOW!!!!!!

What ever you do, make sure not to lose your temper and get physical if another fight occurs before you get your kids out the door.

Take care of yourself.

I'm going to call the police next time. This time I beat him so badly he is covered in marks. He hit me first and I went ham on him. He still refuses to leave and take his kids.

I contacted the local DV shelter for counseling and legal assistance. I'll keep you all posted.

K.C.'s picture

Tell him to sleep w/ one eye open. He can't sue you! What is he going to sue you for? Because you earn a living and he's lazy?

He wants to press charges cuz u whipped his ass. I told him to get out.

The final straw was my paying for a welding training for him AND got him a car only for him to say he decided he doesn't want to weld.

Kimberly216's picture

WOW. I am shocked. Was this what we were all missing all along? The psychology behind that baffles me.