Fishy

mimsy1979's picture
Forums: 

So the DH and I petititioned to have his child support order lowered. My husband used to make 4K a month, now he makes about 2K. She was mailed a notice that we were applying for a modification and got it yesterday. She confronted him at the car picking up my stepson saying it was fine that he wants it modified since he makes less, but that we need to say that she lives at her parents address still. She said that she doesn't want to make her address known. (She lives with her new baby daddy...they aren't married, and she's lived there for at least the last 2 years since I've been around) She said that it would affect my stepsons medical card if they knew her real address. Does this make sense to anyone? Why would they take it away? Its not like she pays rent at either place. Also she told my MIL while she was applying for disability that if she got it, she would have his child support lowered. Well, we heard thru the grapevine that she got it...we have no clue when...but now that she has disability...will that count as income and lower our child support even more? And if she's had it for a while...does it matter that she never informed the Bureau for Child Support Enforcement that her income changed? Any ideas? So confusing.

hereiam's picture

What's fishy is her telling your MIL she would have CS lowered. Never in my life have I heard of a BM doing that!

My guess about the medical card and her address would be that even if she doesn't pay rent, it is still like her having her own place whereas living with her parents makes it seem like she is dependent on them and not able to live on her own, but that is just a guess. Not sure about disability counting as support but you can find out all the CS laws for your state online.

Nobody HAS to inform CSE about income change unless the other parent if filing for modification.

Lalena75's picture

Living with her bf if he works his income going towards bills counts as the "household income" her disability also counts as income for the medical card. None of that has to be reported to cs enforcement unless it is stipulated in the co that she has to and her bf's income wouldn't count in the matter of cs. I used cs enforcement and my cs isn't based on my income but my ex's and can only be modified every 3 years unless one of us has a big change (such as a drastic income change) but in her situation why would she tell them she gets more money if she may lose more cs they won't penalize her for it. My ex still owes what he did when he worked he's now unemployed I'm not filing for modification he's been behind since day 1, works for cash, and collects unemployment, bitches about feeding his kids the 4 days a month he has them so nah if he ever realizes he can file for modification fine, he hasn't I'm sure not gonna.

mimsy1979's picture

Thanks! No one ever knows what she's thinking. She never tells the truth. When my stepson was going to headstart (Pre-K) she told us that the reason he had to go to a school on the other end of the county was because the main one was "overcrowded". Now a year later we find out its because they put him in the district of her parents since thats where she says she lives. BUSTED!
And as for why she would tell my MIL that...because she's always trying to look good to her. Guess thats how she gets free babysitting from her. And I don't mean hours at a time. I mean weekends. And now she's started dropping off her other son (who is of no relationship to my MIL) for her to babysit them both.