Day Care

try2relax's picture
Forums: 

I can not find this information anywhere!!! Does anyone know (im in CT) if there is a standard age at while DH can stop paying for (in home) daycare?

try2relax's picture

BM just told DH that since SS just turned 13 and the state no longer gives her aide, that he has to pay more than double.

oneoffour's picture

Why does a 13 yr old need daycare? Is he disabled in some way?

If he is 'normal' and able bodied I would laugh at her. He is in daycare due to her lifestyle choice

simifan's picture

If the state is no longer giving aid then they obviously feel it is no longer needed. Really, I babysat others at 13. Why would you need daycare? I think the daycare we used to use stops at 11.

try2relax's picture

Agreed!! He is not disabled, and is a normal healthy 13 yr old. Yes, it's her lifestyle choices... ugh, Back to court Sad

Still Have Hope's picture

BM kept skids in daycare until 12 years old. She did not have a job just didn't want to deal with them. Since we were paying half I guess she thought it was worth it. Skids never got to participate in sports or music activities since they went to daycare until 6 PM everyday.

try2relax's picture

well..court is on Monday, so we'll see what happens!!! FINGERS CROSSED PLEASE! Last time we were in court dh got the sh*t end of the stick! I hold out hope that someday people will see here for what shes worth

try2relax's picture

So she showed up with a hand written (her handwritting) note from her uncle about what he charges. She had no proof of what she pays, says she pays in cash. She basically flipped out on the lawyer about day care ending for SS13. So they agreed DH would pay thru August then it'll end. She wanted him to agree when summer comes next year, he'd start paying for SS again, who when then be 14!! moron! She's also court ordered now to give us the info about what the state pays her for daycare. She also say if he didn't want to pay up for summer daycare she could just leave SS at our house all summer. Ahhh, motherly love.

So, not a sure win, but not a real loss either.
She wasn't happy ... so thats a nice cherry on top.

zonianne's picture

i live in fl and my skids mom think they are to young to stay home by themselves...they are 13 and ten soon to be 14 and 11....she wont let them stay alone but we do...is their a legal age when kids can be on their own?...although i think she is a nut job...she wont even let the 13 year old go to the mall on her own with friends...go figure

buttercookie's picture

There is no "legal" age atleast in IL I think its all 50 states though, I had plenty of parents call and ask this when I worked at the police department, it boils down to how long they are alone and maturity level of the child or teen.