You are here

You know...

HaveHadIt's picture

I have found this site beyond helpful! It allows me to vent, know that others are in the same situation and, sometimes, I wonder if some don't share the same BM as me, and it probably has kept me from totally losing my mind and going to jail for the way I feel about BM...lol

I have no complaints, not a single one, about my SS15. Sure, I can relate to teenage boy stuff that may get on my nerves. But, I honestly can say I love my SS15. He is a great kid! I am lucky to have him. I know this because...he respects me. Besides the fact his Dad wouldn't let him do otherwise, he respects me on his own. And, I've had SKids from hell in my previous marriage (like SC father, like daughter, was SD and marriage from hell)

Last night BM dropped SS15 off at our house (late!). I have to make this a long story short, so just believe me in this. He walked in and the first thing he said was "I don't have any shorts to wear tomorrow" (big sports function for him this morning). The look on his face and the fact that I know this child told me "awww, crap! he's emotionally hurting. it wasn't so much about the shorts cause usually, SS15 would just deal with any situation". I KNEW this was coming. His BM doesn't care or do shit for him. I told SS15 "get in the car, we're going shopping for you". This child thanked me 3 times before we got 5 miles down the road and the weird thing is, he seemed embarrassed to having me do this for him. It was genuine.

We got to the store. I told him, pick out shorts (at this point, I found out that he only owned 2, one of which was swimming shorts...I thought he had more at BM's house and all of them ended up there, but he doesn't). SS15 seemed shocked that I was letting him pick out his own clothes (???) and as much as I encouraged him, he is the one that told me that he was done and had what he wanted (really?? Okay, I'm shopping now, don't tell your Dad! LOL). Even though I encouraged him to look for more. It's almost like he felt guilty picking out things for him?

I know none of you know my SS. But, I do. This was NOT an intention on his part to take advantage. He is nothing more than a CS check every month to his BM. I honestly think this child feels guilty if any money is spent on him.

Today, at his sports function, he kept reaching out to me. I'm not trying to replace his BM and I've always tried my hardest to not let him know how I feel about her. But, I have to say, I am smiling inside seeing how SS15 is growing up, having a mind of his own, and starting to realize that his Dad and I are the ones that love and care about him.

Karma is gonna be a bitch for BM. And, I'll just sit back and watch it happen Smile

MamaBecky's picture

SD13 has a similar situation with her BM. She hasnt figured it out yet but in a cpl years I think she will. She does act guilty when bought something and the only clothes she has are the ones I buy her and hand me downs that her BM gets her from friends or yard sales, swap meats, charity, etc. Needless to say she only wears the clothes I got her. She brought up school shopping again today. I guess I will be taking her. (Shocking really!) eye role.

japanspring's picture

Your stepson is very lucky to have you. In fact, you are the only one he recognizes as his true mother. Not the one who gave birth to him. And you don't have to feel guilty that deep inside your soul you see yourself as his mother.
His BM will pay later on when he is going to judge her for not being a mother for him. Just watch...