You are here

World Cup Football Invasion

JingerVZ's picture

Has your home been invaded by World Cup Football fever?

Which team are you supporting?

wth was I thinking's picture

I am a Football widow! I honestly couldn't care less about soccer, but it makes him happy (he's Latin, so it's a MAJOR thing with him and his friends) so I support it. It's only a month every four years...

askYOURdad's picture

We have also been invaded. I don't follow soccer but it's no big deal here. I have watched enough grey's anatomy over the years to allow DH some "man TV time"

We are cheering for USA over here (when I say "we" I mostly mean DH Wink )

JingerVZ's picture

We have the Oranje invasion!! DH has the day off to watch his beloved Netherlands.

Once in 4 years... If only. Its two years to the Euro's again.

If I phone home now he would ignore the call.

"If I phone home now he would ignore the call."

I am pretty sure if DH's team was playing, I could walk up and sit on his lap wearing some sexy lingerie and he would just ask me to quit blocking his view of the tv, lol. It's an obsession.

Drac0's picture

I could care less about soccer. I even hated it as a kid.

"Okay, let me get this straight, instead of protecting my head from the uncomming projectile travelling at 75 mph with my hands like my instincts are screaming at me to do, you want me to *redirect* the leatherclad missile WITH. MY. FACE!?!?!"

I just can't get into the sport. Mexico and Brazil tied the game at 0 - 0 and the Mexicans are celibrating like it was Cinco di Mayo all over again. WTF!?!?

Drac0's picture

I did hit the soccer ball with my forehead. Guess what? STILL HURTS!!!

My skull was made to protect my brain, not as sports implement.

The commercial with the crowded delivery waiting room and all the babies made me laugh.

Dawn-Moderator's picture

I can't wait until it's over!! That's all ss18 does around here is sleep and watch soccer. He is filling up my dvr!!! He records them all and watches some games more than once!!

Drac0's picture

Wait...What?

Watches some games MORE than once?

You mean...The SAME GAME more than once!?!? :O :?

Rags's picture

My bride is tracking the brackets on a big poster. I on the other hand .... yawn. To me watching soccer is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Playing the game is a blast, watching it.... not so much.

USA or the underdog in each match is who I support. I may actually watch all of the final when it rolls around in a couple of weeks. Long ball soccer tactics are far more interesting to watch than possession focused tika-taka or formation strategies. If there are two long ball teams playing, I will watch.

I have the same opinon of watching baseball or basketball by the way. Lacrosse, hockey, American Football... those I enjoy watching. Fast paced and very cerebral.. except for US Football. My love for that is genetic.