You are here

What would you do if your friend had a Tellum? (backwards Mullet) OT

snowdrop's picture

It looks ridiculous (brunette version of Kate from John and Kate +8) I think people laugh at her as she walks by.

Would you say something?

Craving Normality's picture

I personally tread very carefully when it comes to criticizing friends appearances, even if it is constructive. There just isn't anything to gain from it, in my opinion.

Thorn in my heart's picture

Sounds like she's making a statement. I'd leave it alone, nothing to gain but a pissed off friend.

snowdrop's picture

actually it's my hope that you don't comment on my threads at all given how condescending you tend to be.

bi's picture

i would say nothing. it's her hair and her opinion of it is the only one that matters. i have a friend who LOVES to nitpick and go over me with a microscope looking every. single. flaw. i have gotten pretty shitty with her about it and she finally stopped. she was over the top rude. every time i saw her it was something. my butt looks big in my jeans. the color of shirt i'm wearing makes me look sickly. my nail polish is an ugly color. my make up is horrible. am i really leaving with my hair like that? it went on and on and on.

i finally got pissed and told her it would be nice to see her without being slammed with an insult at least one fucking time. she tried to say as my friend, it's her job to tell me the "truth", not what i want to hear. i informed her that i wasn't wanting to hear anything. i wasn't fishing for compliments and i never asked her opinion on anything. i told her that her opinion is not the "truth", it's her opinion. i also told her that there is a huge difference between "just being honest" as she liked to say about herself, and being flat out rude and cruel. she acted like i hurt her feelings. i don't care. she finally stopped. i also cut her short once when she was going to insult a blouse that she had already insulted in the past. i told her i know what she's going to say and to save it. i don't care if she likes it or not, i do, and that is all that matters. i told her i am not going to stop wearing something just because she doesn't like it. at some point, she needed to learn that no one needs her permission to wear anything. she also insulted my hair when i got it cut. my face is too fat to have my hair cut. well fuck you. i didn't ask your opinion. i like it, and i think i look BETTER this way.

i realize you are not the bitch my friend is, if you were, you would have already said something mean and hurtful and not asked for advice. my point is simply that if someone is not asking for an opinion, it's a safe bet that they don't care what you think and would not appreciate being told they look bad.