You are here

What is right is right?

atpeace's picture

My SO just called me to vent (something he doesn't usually do) but he was so crazed he wanted a sane opinion...he just paid his CS Alimony (approx. $3000) and BM called that he owes her another $1000 for the bills for the dog and their daughter's 18th b'day dinner where she took the daughter and her friends out to a very nice restaurant...neither of these things were discussed with him...she just demands...she ended the call with well get ready to go to jail I am on my way to court...I should have gotten my full $3500/mth but you didn't pay it all....he reminded her again to check email where he deducted HER car insurance HER portion of the daughters medical insurance and her 40 min of overages on her cell....since she has not followed their agreement to get her own cell phone plan....this all stinks for lack of a better word...it is like our lives our being dictated by her I know he shouldn't even tell me but she threatened to again come to our home tonight...so well he told me....any thoughts I am so upset by this all right now! When do these BM's ever become human beings!!!!!!!!

Orange County Ca's picture

Court orders should not include variables. Get that fixed.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.".

(1697) by William Congreve (1670-1729)

Don't bother to tell me the divorce was her fault, assuming it was, that's irrelevent. She needs to make him pay, no pun intended.

atpeace's picture

Oh OCC so true their divorce was something they both contributed to!!!! His agmt is very spelled out and it states that he is not subject to discreciany (sp ugh) spending which is why he is following the agreement and paying what he needs to but nothing above so he will not pay for b'day dinners he knows nothing about or agrees to pay for and certainly NOT for the dog....please I love animals so don't take it the wrong way...

atpeace's picture

He gave her until the court ordered date and then it was her responsibility so he actually did do that right lol...I so love that supersoaker comment...last time and only time she called our home from a blocked number and threatened to come by I told her "sure and pick up a bottle of wine on your way and make sure it is a good one"...she is all hot air just sometimes get tired of her tirades and today is one of those days!!!!! I did need to hear the point and laugh great advice it is what my Mom would have said.....thanks!

rosie33's picture

Let her come to your house - our BM threatened the same thing - she came and we called the cops and she was told to leave. He told her next time, she will leave in shiny bracelets Wink Hasn't been back since.

RedWingsFan's picture

^^^^Agreed!!! Funny, I was on my own at age 17. Graduated high school in June, my parents split and left me basically living on my own. Turned 18 the following September. Had 2 jobs, car, paying rent...

SD14 said she'd live with her mom as long as her mom would let her, which likely means forever. She said she didn't ever want to have to pay her own way. Wow, sounds a lot like her momma!

atpeace's picture

To sky and red...yes the same here - is that why it is harder for us to understand? In his agreement...as long as they stay in college full time and live outside the home the CS can be deposited directly into their own accounts which is better I think for all involved...maybe why the BM is going nuts as she is slowly year by year losing more control!

lucky7's picture

I am glad to hear he shut off her phone. As far as deducting from her CS though, I don't think he can do that. Unless his CO says he can. Even though it's not fair, he has to pay in full and submit to her in writing what she owes. If the cell phone was not part of the CO, she doesn't owe him for it. Thht's his mistake for allowing her to have it. Does she really have the means to go to court over this? If so, don't be surprised if the Judge makes him pay that $500. Also, is medical insurance part of the court order? If not, it should be. Mine says I have to carry it but a portion of my CS is allocated for his part of the premium. If that is not in the CO, and he is carrying the insurance, usually the CO gives guidelines on how to get payment from the other parent. Mine says after submitting the written request or reciept, he has 30 days to pay me his portion. Maybe the first step is to look the CO over with a fine toothed comb. If it does not address these things, it needs to be added. As far as paying for a birthday dinner that he was not even at and did not agree to, sorry lady...you are on your own! And the dog? Was the dog part of the CO??? Most likely NOT, so he shouldn't pay a dime! Even if it was a birthday gift for the daughter. This woman has been spoiled it sounds and needs her bubble burst! As long as he has told her not to come over, then if she does, he can call the cops. Well, he could call anyway, but it's not technically harassment unless he has told her not to. Many times, the police will not get involved in domestic matters unless they are violent. Good luck...she sounds like a handful!