You are here

Valentines Day

Totheend12345's picture

What do you all do for Valentines Day? I am crafty-mic-crafterson. I love any reason to give gifts too.

SD (both 9 and 12) are getting gifts mailed from DH and me(well mostly me cause he doesn't think we have to do something every year, and valentines is for couples not kids).
SD9 is getting a teddy bear, chocolates, and a few other goodies. Oh did i mention when she opens the box helium balloons will fly out.

SD12 I am thinking a bouquet of cash. (like 20$ total) and some chocolate.

DH on the other hand no idea at all what to do for him. Would it be rude if my gift to him is me taking care of every one else lol. I need some ideas of something for him.

He doesn't drink, wears same clothes every day (not the same clothes but has multiple of the same shirts pants like a cartoon charter how they always look the same.) He doesn't do anything but work. He buys what ever he wants. He is impossible

Just J's picture

I am a restaurant manager so my Valentine's Day will be spent watching everyone else have romantic dinners and get flowers. Ha ha. I actually don't mind, DH and I have had many, many amazing Valentine's Days together, and after 16 years it's really not that big a deal. DH shows me he loves me all the time so I don't need one special day where everything costs more than usual and every restaurant is booked. Besides, nothing will top our very first Valentine's Day together so I'm good.

I'll get my kids some chocolates and buy a card for DH. I love cards. DH is always buying himself things and the only thing he'd probably really want is ammo anyway (he's a competitive shooter and goes to these matches all the time). So romantic huh? Nothing says I love you like a box of bullets.

Totheend12345's picture

Now that's an idea!!! He loves shooting too. But just for fun. I just get excited to make others happy.

Acratopotes's picture

nothing cause it's a bogus money making day...

why should I be happy with being spoiled only one day a year, no way... it's every day or nothing at all

fairyo's picture

Ha ha Acrat I was about to post the very same thing- I am returning from my daughter's that day and then going out to a meeting without DH. If that sounds heartless we are going out for a nice meal together on Saturday evening, it will be a lot cheaper and the food will be nicer! I may get him some chocolate though...he loves chocolate!

classyNJ's picture

We usually go out to dinner but since we are on a lower budget this year we are going to stay in. He is the one that really take care of me on Valentines day. I take care of him on March 14th Wink