You are here

Update - SS in therapy

LevinaFia23's picture

He went to his first session yesterday and he....loved it! Idk why im feeling stupid for being optimistic about this. I am glad he's able to get some kind of help now. I spoke with the therapist today for an hour and she had alot of questions about his past from birth to now well her response to everything was...woah he's been thru alot. Yeeeaaah..

But things sounds good. He left the session saying he's looking forward to come back next week. They played games and so she said she's building trust the first few weeks. She said there will be phases to checking on his improvements and every 2mts or so she'd give an update in generalities of how things are going.  She warned me he may show aggression or have times he wants to not continue etc but this is all normal as he will be going through triggers and points he's had to face in his past. 

Overall I am hopeful about it but also a Tony bit skeptical. Just very glad we're doing this before the last resort of some camp. I believe he's really trying to be good but has moments where he can't help himself so this may be something for him. It's good for him to finally have an unbiased person where he doesn't have to hide part himself to his mom or his dad or to me it's with this person that has no relation and seemingly no pressure.

Sharing this as hopefully it helps others. Also for this to be some random place I picked from a list of 4 pages wow is it crazy how he loves the first one. If he didn't like it we'd definitely not go back but happy to hear they've clicked on thr first session. Fingers crossed this continues to go well for him. She said treatment may be longer than average since he does continue to go back to his mom's on weekends. Thanks for the feedback on last post I'm glad with this decision. Dh is also hopeful about it.

LevinaFia23's picture

**For reference he is 10yo

If anyone wants to share their experience or tips etc please do

Rumplestiltskin's picture

That's great. Him going to therapy can only be a good thing for him, for you, and for society in general. 

Harry's picture

First visit it's nothing hard or challenging for SS.  You must keep him going when things get hard.