You are here

Turn the ters on for BM

ACAM2012's picture

Before I vent..SD lives here full time and BM is not allowed (court rules) to pick her up from school. BD is working and I am home.
I am so frustrated. I had to pick SD9 up from school because she was "sick". She has a stuffy nose. Boo hoo. While she was at school with the nurse she turned on the tears and the nurse said I needed to come pick her up because she was "very" sick and crying. I knew it was SD's way to get out of school. The tears stopped as soon as she was in the car. When we came home she took out a book to read for her homework and the crying began again. (This is soft whining with crocodile tears not a loud cry). I told her not to worry about the homework right now and to go to her bed to rest (because I knew she was bluffing and I was not going to allow her to stay up and play/watch TV, etc. If she wanted to "cry wolf" about being sick then I was going to treat her like she's sick) She gets her cell phone (only has BM's number in it) and calls BM and once again turns on the tears and cries to BM that she feels awful, her stomach hurts, she almost vomited in school (the kid was in school for 30 minutes). She was fine before she left for school. Like I said, she has a stuffy nose because she was with BM all weekend surrounded by excessive cigarette smoke, 4 dogs, and numerous cats. She is allergic to all of the above and needs meds. We have supplied those meds to BM. BM is too lazy to give SD meds. SD gets off the phone with BM and stops whining and crying instantly. SD is now torturing the family cat. Anyway, the real issue is that SD always turns on the tears for mom. SD knows exactly what her tears will do. SD can cry on demand and will cry if she wants someone to believe her lies and stories. It's her way of getting people to think we treat her like crap. She doesn't cry "out loud". She cries silently with huge crocodile tears. SD loves when people feel sorry for her. She has used these tears to lie to CPS, lie to the police, lie to BM, lie to BG (bio grama). The only people she dies not use the tears on is me and BD. She knows that we will not "give in" to the fake tears. She is quite the little actress and she knows she is good at it. She gets this from BM. Both of them are VERY good at manipulating people and convincing people of what they say. I guess this is just a vent because I am so sick of it.

VioletsareBlue's picture

I wouldn't pick her up from school unless the nurse said she had a fever or threw up IN FRONT OF the nurse. Had to do that with SD8.

Anywho78's picture

Ah yes...my SD9 is EXACTLY the same way except that she LOVES school & cries if she has to stay home. She has stopped crying to me because she knows I don't fall for it...SO on the other hand still has to be reminded that she is using tears to get her way.

For her "sick day", I'd have her in bed either sleeping or reading all day long with no toys & no television. Sick days are NOT for fun time, especially when you know the little turd is faking.

I feel for ya!

ACAM2012's picture

I wouldn't pick her up from school unless the nurse said she had a fever or threw up IN FRONT OF the nurse. Had to do that with SD8.

I have done that before and she goes right back down to the nurse. I end up having to pick her up anyway. This is a child who will MAKE herself sick just to make someone believe she is ill. I have thought about bringing her back to school each time she pulls this crap but I know she will just lie and pull more crap.

ACAM2012's picture

She went to her bed and was reading/looking at books. She finally fell asleep. I do know that she is feeling crappy because of the stuffy nose/allergies but she isn't so sick that she can't attend school.