You are here

There must be more SMs here from England?!

lgk2013's picture

Hi all, just wondering if there is anyone on here from the UK? I love chatting on here and it's been such a huge help to me, but I feel like I'm missing something and it's a bit detached with mostof you all being from across the pond!

So, are there any SMs or BFs in England...?

lgk2013's picture

Yay! Where in our beautiful country are you? I'm in the East Mids but originally from London Smile

lgk2013's picture

Hi coooookies Smile What's your story? I only want to hear it if it has a happy ending hehe Blum 3

Mikhaila87's picture

I am getting married to my partner this year...he has 2 kids from previous relationship. The BM is a pain in the a**. We have the boys every weekend, and they are more of a strain than anything else. I wish we had them in the week instead. They need stability which they aren't getting with BM. Cant wait to have my own kids to see how that rocks the boat!!! not! Well I am excited to have my own kids just not the uproar from the skids and BM. Even going away for a few days causes an uproar! Kids have now learnt telling porkie pies to BM for attention when they don't get their way or get told off...she thenhits the roof with my partner... Oh the joys of being a step parent!! Biggrin

lgk2013's picture

Oh, also we only have the skids every other weekend at the moment because BM is still taking legal advice from Ally McBeal. And me and SO are trying for a baby too but no joy yet Smile

lgk2013's picture

Sounds like there are a lot of similarities - also have a nightmare BM! I have three skids, oldest is 13 from SOs college days, then SD9 and SS12 are with the devil BM. We're going through court at the moment because BM has used the skids as a weapon from day 1 and changes plans based on her mood or whether something has pissed her off, which causes confusion and instability for the skids. I have a good relationship with all the skids which I'm thankful for as it could be a lot worse!

We're back at court on Monday and hoping that we'll get a signed and sealed order then and won't have to negotiate with BM anymore. SO has just been to mediation which the court ordered them to try again at the first hearing (didn't work the first time, why would it now?!) - anyway she's now accused me of being a safeguarding risk because I took SS to school early once. LOCK ME UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY! She's delusional, bitter, vile, the list goes on. She's trying to manipulate everyone including her children and we know she's the one who'll suffer in the long run, it's us and the skids who are suffering now!

No wedding on the cards for me as they're still married legally (we decided court for the kids comes first and money doesn't grow on trees!), and anyway I don't know if I want to be the second wife. I had a call a minute ago on the landline and they called me by his surname (aka HER name...Mrs...)and I nearly threw up haha!

Mikhaila87's picture

Luckily we have avoided court. My partner got his divorce in November I think. It took 11 months...she cheated on him but denies it so he had to go for the unreasonable behaviour route...she is the most manipulative person I have ever met. I've blocked her from FB as she likes to throw things at my partner, like we are out, we are doing this, or my massive engagement ring...he could have spent the money on the boys...yeh ok love. You fleeced him for 10 years...you don't have a say. She has changed her name back to her maiden name. But I can feel your pain being called what she is known as.
Good luck for Monday!

lgk2013's picture

Thank you Smile I really hope Monday puts an end to the court stuff. Unfortunately the 'being a stepmum' bit isn't going to be so easy to overcome!

BM is the same, basically used SO as a puppet for 12 years then throws a hissy fit that she can't control him anymore so will use every dirty trick in the book to try to assert her authority. Manipulation is her middle name! I had to block from facebook too as did SO, she was putting all sorts of slanderous rubbish about him on there, and we also found out she was using SD9s facebook account (that she let her set up - urgh!) to go on those dating things like zoosk.

She's constantly going on about how skint she is and all the fictional marital debt she pays (my SO left her EVERYTHING in the house, and she's trying to get him to pay for her committing benefit fraud), and yet she gets the kids ridiculously expensive and inappropriate gifts (an iPhone 4S for a 9 year old...hmmm!) and has just had a new car and a new kitchen. Afraid the sob story doesn't work with us.

Wish she'd change her name, but she decided when they split to keep it so she could have the same name as her 'babies'. Puke! With any luck she'll marry her toyboy and take his name but even then I'd be reluctant to be the second Mrs anything.

luchay's picture

LMAO- I too am a recovering SM - I love that. I consider myself snatched from the jaws of death...

When I lived in the UK I lived in Milton Keynes, and had family in Cambs so used to go through Bedfordshire all the time. Almost moved to Bedford at one point.

lgk2013's picture

Hi to you all (even you Sally hehe), I've sent friend requests to you all although not exactly sure what that means! Smile

lorlors's picture

I'm from Northern Ireland, now living in Sydney, Australia. Seems like stepkids are a global annoyance lol!!!!