You are here

Who posted you should run if your FH has a daughter?

SC's picture

I recall reading a post where a member warned potential SMs away from dads with daughters. Please enlighten me!

Smonster's picture

Yep I agree- my DH has two adult daughters. I call them "your other wives". They are both very jealous and territorial- make my life a living hell sometimes. I AM the outsider if they are around. Doesn't bother me as much as it does DH, although he does nothing about it.

StepChicka's picture

SD is sweet as pie so I guess I'm on the other side of the fence....again.

I have no one to play with Sad

stepmasochist's picture

My SDs are sweet, but they were so young, 4 and 6 when I came on the scene and I don't think I could have bonded with my now DH if he was sick and twisted enough to elevate a 4 or 6 year old to the status of wife.

StepChicka's picture

I believe there is relevance to their age. My SD was 4 when I started dating her dad. A very impressionable age indeed }:-) ...lol

winehead's picture

Other side of the fence for me too. I get along fine with adult SD. It's the SS that's difficult!

DISbelief's picture

I WAS a Stepdaughter from childhood INTO adulthood, and my EX stepmom is probably the one who wrote that... since she found me on here once, and it ultimatly ENDED her relationship with my dad. She was a monster though, in my defense.

I personally have one SS...so I am not sure. I don't think DH would say RUN, and he is the stepdad to my 2 girls.

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

devilwoman's picture

Definitely run! SD from hell makes my life miserable as often as she can. She lives for it.

stepof 1nitemare's picture

RRRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

The simple feeling that you are competing with another woman is horrible.. And in my case thats what is feels like.. SD thinks she is the queen and makes every attempt EOWE to assert her position on DH.. and DH lives in Disney land EOWE.. I have 3 birth sons and I agree that BOYS ARE EASIER!!! I wish he had 3 sons instead of one daughter!!!

If the Broom Fits, Ride It!!!!!

dovetrinity's picture

I'm on the positive side, I love my SD(almost 4) to death and I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite person on the planet (even more than BM...although I can't blame her!) I think age and the daughter's relationship with BF all contribute. My parents divorced when i was 19 and I got step parents on both sides when i was 20. I LOVE my step parents... this is probably rare, but I feel blessed to have 4 great parents now instead of 2. (Wish all divorces were that smooth)