You are here

Small Victory?? Yes,but I will take it!!

colliebean72's picture

FINALLY!!! After what seems like forever me stressing to my BF over and over and over how he needs to stand up more to his ex, he finally did. It's nothing major, but it put a huge smile on my face! Smile
So, as some of you know, again, another joint bday party for his son. Which I am going to. Technically his bday is July 4th but party is not until 17th. So be it at this point, it's free for my bf since she won it through a drawing at the karate studio where her and the son take karate. (the party will be there)
But now, on Sunday, she wanted my bf and her and the kid and Lord knows who else (not me I'm sure) to go to lunch for his bday. I think my bf kind of just was like whatever, telling her him and I were going to do something small on Saturday for his bday, but he told me that if she mentions it again, he's going to tell her either we all go (including me) or he's not going. YEY!!! I can't believe it!! I know, it's nothing big but the last couple of weeks have been stressful, so to me this is pretty huge!
Since normally I am always complaining about him, I'm giving him credit where credit is due!!

stepmasochist's picture

Yay! He does deserve credit for that. He should be rewarded }:) and hopefully he'll keep his juevos out of BM's handbag.

Lovepets's picture

Biggrin Yeah, victory is yours!!! It starts with small steps and then when they (the juevos less men) see that they can stand up and dictate their own will they remember how much they like it and they, usually on their own, start to stand up for what they want more often.