You are here

SKids and their friends coming over?

steplife's picture

How do you initiate friends coming over? My SD7 (DH has EOW) has been begging to have her friend from school come over sometime. This friend has been over to BMs and even spent the night there but SD wants her to come here sometime too.

Do you guys with bios let your kids go to a "dad's" house?

If BM is friendly with this little girls mom, I wonder if the mom would let little girl come over to our house too? (BM and this lady only met at pickup area at the school)

Just curious about others experience with this and advice about how you arrange "playdates"

steplife's picture

Ok I may just send SD with our phone number in a note to the friends parents because we don't see them at the school very often.

Indigo's picture

Does the school have an annual student directory? Perhaps her BM has one and you can get another copy from the school.

Occasionally, I have also written notes and sealed them in envelopes ... sent them to school in the backpack with instructions that BS hand that envelope to Child-X for their parents.

rahrah2019's picture

SS has a friend over nearly every time he is here. I've long said that he won't have any friends if he keeps treating them the way he has. Well, the last couple times he has not had a friend who could come. Well, SS, maybe if you weren't the most selfish person on the face of the earth, they would like to visit with you. Who wants to be in the company of someone who does things like unplug a video game because he's not winning?

But one of the things I did voice an opinion about is how BM thought she had to control these friend visits. My DH just let her take care of the arrangements, and it really irked me. It's like she was planning what was to happen at our house. And then there's always the chance for miscommunication, too. But she is the almighty puppet master.