You are here

SD: "Last year's birthday present was an insult" !!!

Anna21's picture

SD16 turns 17 this week and yesterday told us we had better get her something better this year than last. We took her and her 5 friends out for a lovely meal, nice restaurant and bought her three huge gift baskets. I had been to a silent auction for charity and bought the gift baskets, nice stuff in each one. We always decorate the dining room, balloons etc and make a fuss of all the kids on their birthdays. This little spoilt brat can kiss my a&* from now on. Six years of her crap and now she bitches because "all" we got her was cheap 99c makeup and Sun block. She is by now an exact replica of her greedy, materialistic mother and I cannot abide her. BM sent her a text Tuesday saying "marry for money this love stuff is b**s#/^.". FDH is trying pathetically hard to please little princess today. My only satisfaction is to take six years worth of my share of her gifts out of our joint account which I did today. FDH can fund the ungrateful brats tantrums from now on. Her real gripe is that FDH bought me a LV purse for our engagement and she is livid. Where do these jealous, obnoxious witches come from, straight from hell??

forever2's picture

Wow, that's awful. Did you really take the money out of the account? Good for you. What happens when your husband finds out? My SS got a car for his 16th birthday (because the poor boy has divorced parents and has to go between houses). He won't even get a summer job to help pay for the insurance. Worse yet, he never said thank you. Can you believe it? For a car...he just assumed he would receive one and he did. No biggie to him. I think your brat SD deserves nothing for future birthdays but a reminder about how ungrateful she was last year. Makes me mad to hear the story. She needs to spend a summer digging toilets in an impoverished country. Maybe that would open her eyes. These kids do come straight from hell, and make everyone else's life hell by existing. They usually get away with it all too by playing the divorce card...."poor me, the innocent victim of a broken home....boo hoo, now buy me something to ease my pain."

robin333's picture

That comment would result in just a greeting card. Anything else is reinforcing her disgraceful, greedy, materialistic behavior. And I would have that talk with DH - YOU know how you want to be sure you two are doing the responsible parent thing by not addressing her ungrateful attitude.

forever2's picture

Almost forget to ask....what kind of gifts does the little witch give you for your birthday? In the early years before we officially hated each other, my generous SS sent me a text page happy birthday (eye roll). Saying it to my face would be too much to ask. Now he doesn't even acknowledge the day. I am happy to say it goes both ways and now I don't acknowledge his either. Don't worry, my husband gives him enough money and gifts for 10 kids. In my head his birthday will always be two things 1. one year closer to him leaving the house (hooray) and 2. The anniversary of the biggest disaster in my universe.

Anna21's picture

I get a big fat nothing from skids. SD16 is driving FDH'S older BMW, BM made sure that was in the mediation and court order. My bio 18 drives her clunker which I did buy her but she has a job to pay for her gas and insurance. SD16 has hers paid for by FDH and BM. My daughter is very happy with her car and is very appreciative. I tried to talk to FDH about skids horrible behavior and his words were "I don't want to talk about it and why can you never ever let these things go?" OK so I told him I had taken back my half of her birthday gifts (an approximation at this point) as he refuses to deal with her tantrums and ungrateful behavior. He shrugged his shoulders and said well that's just mean of you. Yeah....I am the mean one. Oh and now he will go out and buy her an expensive purse, I know how she manipulates him. God, these men lose their balls when it comes to exes and skids. Her jealousy of me is weird, almost incestuous emotionally if that makes sense. I swear she would have sex with him if it were legal. Sorry but I am so upset over her remarks to me. My gifts were an insult!!!

Anna21's picture

Your DH sounds like a great guy. FDH realized today that I am really upset and I told him I am having serious second thoughts about our Nov wedding plans. I told him how hurt i am and that he should be hurt and furious too. He then spoke to SD and she came to me to apologize but it was a false apology, her words said one thing and her face another. I asked FDH if he plans to show her there is a consequence to her terrible words but he feels she is going through a rough time having just been diagnosed with IBS. If you ask me she has IBS cos she is a little sh*t LOL. I have no more tolerance for this child. I lost my husband 15 years ago and was alone for a long time and then met FDH. He and I have a right to happiness without these witches being jealous and evil.

notasm3's picture

DH and BM were pretty much just standard middle class - both with degrees and jobs but not wealthy. Most people with kids are not rolling in money even with decent jobs.

But SS went to a private school with some very wealthy kids. Today at 30 he is still whining that DH did not do enough for him (give him unlimited money and things). Cause he didn't get all the over the top stuff his friends got.

DH bought him a car just before he turned 16. SS snuck out in the night with it (no license) got drunk and totaled it. He did not get another one like the thought he deserved.

Anyone with a brain should figure out a way to go earn the money for the things they want - especially when no one is giving them the things they think they "deserve".

Anna21's picture

I will never buy her another thing as long as I live. I am done trying with her. She now knows that I dislike her as much as she dislikes me. The gloves are off and I know she is an enemy now.

Anna21's picture

I will never buy her another thing as long as I live. I am done trying with her. She now knows that I dislike her as much as she dislikes me. The gloves are off and I know she is an enemy now.

Anna21's picture

oneoffour's picture

I would order a nasty sex toy and present it to her saying "Sweetie, you always want what I get. So have at it. And if you have any questions ask your Dad."

SugarSpice's picture

good for you that you took that money out. how many times did i use my own money to buy things for the skids only to get spat on. the bm is dirt poor after she and her second husband decided to part ways and gives her own spawn nothing too.

the thing with sds is that they think they are the mini wives and mistresses of their father. they put themselves up as rivals for their fathers affections time and money. pathetic.

a daughter is not a wife. you totally deserve to have more money spent on you. i had this issue where dh spent almost five hundred dollars on sd for sports equipment and then about one hundreds dollars in cheap trinkets for me.

i let him have it with both barrels needless to say.

Rags's picture

Give her a Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon. One of the freebies that come constantly in the mail. Put it in a card that says .... "So "Last year's birthday present was an insult" was it?!!! It would be advised that you bite your bitch tongue little girl. Happy birday!"

}:) }:) }:)

Suemm44's picture

I've been in similar holiday fear this year. Last year got SD a nice enlarge pic of her dad and her. It was a nice photo. Since I'm hated I figured no complaints. Which I didn't , so glad.
SS got a gift card which was $25.00. He'd been decent to me til after that. Then, it went to shit.
This year bc they went on the BM dark side. I won't beat my brains trying to come up with an idea. DH will probably sign my name to something.
I've tried to focus on my children on special occasions . I do want a relationship with his children. I do. But, I'm the bad guy. I'm no good. I'm not allowed to show their dad affection. Well, that's who we are. Anyways, my children appreciate things... !

Got off topic. But, his children are so spoiled that last year SS gave his BM a list I guess huge list if 20 things he wanted... Ha!! His ex sent him the list in a text and said I'm getting one thing # whatever and you're getting him the other 19 things. I about peed myself. Really ?!? It's a joke.