You are here

Rude former in laws

markwvualum's picture

My wife’s ex in laws are rude and do it purposely while trying to seem nice. They are not nice people especially her former father in law. However my wife will never see it this way. It is so obvious he is jealous that she remarried and move on from his weird son. He acts nice but makes passive aggressive comments and is exclusive when it comes to including me. He always tries to sit near my wife and tries to take my space when I’m not around. Anyone experience this?

markwvualum's picture

Pretty regularly. Ex father in law has no life literally and is at every single event skids are having (sports, school, etc) even practices and he jumps at the chance to babysit at our house.

SteppedOut's picture

I guess I can't say I wouldn't be uncomfortable with my SO's ex-in-laws coming to my house all the time. Can skid(s) go to grandparents house instead? 

georgina29's picture

Who wouldn’t feel insecure with ex and ex in laws coming over to the house all the time and acting the way they do. You have a wife problem, not an insecurity or in law/ex problem. Ultimately she runs the show with these losers. They will do what they can to step all over you if allowed to do so and will take full advantage of your wife’s lack of boundaries. Your wife needs to learn boundaries and needs to learn respect for your marriage.

Survivingstephell's picture

Her weird ex learned it from somewhere, sounds like his father.  Being nice for the kids only gets you so far, when it intrudes into the marriage and family, then it needs to be reevalueated.  New rules/boundaries appear to be needed at this time.  

Spouse should be first, not the kids.  Clear this up with your wife.  She has a loyality crisis.