You are here

A little off the topic

happygolucky's picture

I know this isn't really related to my SD13 except that she was there. We are visiting my sister in law and brother in law. They have a 3 year old little boy, my nephew. He is a holy terror. He is extremely jealous of my daughter who is 8 months old. Today we went out shopping to pick up some groceries and my newphew decided to throw a temper tantrum. He started hitting and kicking anyone he could get near. He bit my infant daugter. My SIL and BIL did nothing but to tell him that wasn't nice. They tried to make him apologize. It didn't work. He just ended up having a major meltdown. The tantrum got worse and he started slapping and biting my daughter who was just sitting in the cart. I grabbed my nephew and gave him a swat on the butt. My BIL was upset but my SIL thanked me for making her son behave. My question is... Was I out of line swatting my nephew? How should I handle that situation if it should come up again, and it will.

Sasha's picture

Kevin The Man's picture

the ONLY time he has been spanked EVER!!! The rap on the arse heard 'round the world if you will. Hopefully they will see this form of discipline as a better alternative to medicating him and watching as he someday shoots up a school yard.