You are here

Hell has returned

happygolucky's picture

After two rounds (in one month) at the pediatric psychiatric ward at a hospital over 4 hours away, and NUMEROUS psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor etc. visits, SD15 moved home to live with BM. My life was beginning to normalize. I had returned home, started working things out with my husband when we got the call... BM is in jail, we need to move SD15 back in to live with us. ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING???? I don't know why BM was arrested yet, but my husband is up getting SD15 right now. I pick them up at the airport this evening. My life was just returning to normal (before SD15 moved in kind of normal), is this some sort of cruel joke? Does God hate me?

MamaBecky's picture

This happened to my SM when I was 15 too. She finally got rid of me by getting my dad to let me go stay with my BM and within my first month there my BM got arrested. My dad had to come pick me up. My SM must have been so dissapointed and miserable. I was awful to her. I was elated though as at that age my main concern was my social circle. I had been petrified of the idea of starting a new school in a bigger city in my BM's town. I was so happy to go back although I hated my homelife/stepmom. I was fake nice to her at first but she caught on quickly. We made the best of it and I know you will to. If it helps at all once I got older (late 20's) I saw the "light" and realized how awesome my step mom was for continuing to try with me and she never gave up. She has always been as good to me as I would allow her to be and she never shut me out. I love her as my mom now and she knows it. It took a long time but it did happen. Good luck and I hope things turn out ok for you. Take care of yourself as first priority and give yourself what you need. You can do this!