You are here

Is this rude?

caitlinj's picture

Im asking because I think there is something wrong with me. I think it is rude when kids talk back to adult, insert themselves in adult conversations, complain constantly if they do not get their way or are not being paid attention constantly, do not say please or thank you when someone brings them something to eat and complain loudly and openly about their food in front of strangers. I think this is rude. But I have noticed parents do not react to any of it and see it as no big deal I guess.

Cbarton12's picture

This is rude.

It's definitely a parenting issue. 

Siemprematahari's picture

Heck yeah this is wrong and why would you think there is anything wrong with you?? This is proper home training which seems to be a dying trend nowadays. These are basic manners that should be instilled. So YES this is rude and God helps us for what's to come with this upcoming RUDE @ss generation.

ITB2012's picture

And yet we do wonder since it seems so prevalent. We try to do some self-reflection to see if we are just being "too picky" like we've been accused.

ndc's picture

Of course that is rude behavior. Most parents I know at least try to nip that behavior in the bud.  

momjeans's picture

Nope, there’s nothing wrong with you, because all of that is rude behavior. 

My 4 and 5 year old don’t do any of these, with the exception of interrupting adult conversations. Then again - they’re 4 and 5. When that happens I pause the conversation and inform my child they will have to quietly wait their turn.

Parenting is hard. It takes consistence. Some people just don’t have what it takes to actively parent. 

stepmominhiding's picture

Yes! It is! My kids every once in a while do it to, but I try to confront them discreetly at first. If they aren't catching the clue i get a bit more obvious about it, I'd they still don't get it I will completely make it obvious.  I try to let them know discreetly first so they aren't completely embarrassed and they can correct the situation themselves, hopefully learning their place on their own.  But I don't mind making them look like a fool if they just aren't getting it