You are here

Quick Question.

failuretolaunch's picture

Sorry everyone. I come here to vent when the emotions need to go somewhere/be released. For some reason I can't post to one of my threads.

Anyway. Quick question.

I've written a book, self published on Amazon, it took me 2 years slowly to do, partne knew I was doing it.

Finally published it, got a hard copy and she has not even flicked through it, she doesn't even really know what it's about or read any of its pages.

How would you feel about that?

She's got a new job recently and all we talk about is that. Again, granted I don't have much going on but if I want to talk to her, I have to talk about her job.

SeeYouNever's picture

If my partner wrote a book I would have helped them edit it and read is as he wrote it, if he showed me. I would have definitely read it long before it was even published. Writing is so personal, I would love to read a book my partner wrote and help him write it! What a great way to learn more about someone and how they think... I can't even imagining not caring about such a thing.

In fairness she did do this with my first one, but 2nd one I don't think she's even turned a page. I just find it upsetting tbh.

justmakingthebest's picture

Have you told her that this is hurtful to you? I couldn't imagine not reading my husband's book if he wrote one! I am sorry that you aren't being supported...

I think I've just got to the place of 'What's the point'

Her not even flicking through it indicates a problem that I've felt in the relationship. She just doesn't care, it's all about her needs and feelings not mine.

Esperanza's picture

Yeah, that's not supportive or caring.

Is she always so indifferent  ? Or are you guys struggling with the relationship at the moment?

Yip. Major problems but I still listen and take interest in everything she does. Her new job, which we talk about ALL the time as it was new and exciting for her to meet new people e.t.c. Her new course she is doing online and whatever else. Her illnesses, and boy does she have them. Always here to talk about her needs.

Esperanza's picture

I see. Sounds like the love and care is not reciprocated. 
Have you tried to tell her how ignored you are feeling ?

She sounds quite the narcissistic if the relationship always revolves around her, her life and her needs...that's just not healthy or fair for you at all and is not the way someone that loves you should treat you 

Oooh I've tried. The relationship in my eyes has reveolved around her. Her kids, her autistic son, her ex husband. Now her work and her course and always her illnesses. I've even started to think she like being ill because it makes it about her. Messed up I know.

I've tried to say to her I feel like everything is always about her needs lately because I just feel way way down the list of things.

What can ya do Smile I just need to know I'm not going crazy to be honest and that I have a valid reason to be upset by this and all the other things listed above.

Esperanza's picture

You are defo not going crazy and all the things you have mentioned in this post are very valid reasons to be upset. Something has to change

Someoneelse's picture

is there a possibility that she's illerterate? just asking, not assuming, but if that's the case i could understand, if not, she's being completely unsupportive, and that's the whole point of marraige.