You are here

Gaslighting, Passive Aggressive,Stonewalling, Emotional Neglect

failuretolaunch's picture

ALK814's picture

Well, I caught my 17 y/o (only child) SS stealing liquor from our cabinet. I didn't directly accuse him, just asked my husband if he's been drinking the gin. He said no. I said, " I only made one drink from the bottle and there's only a third of the bottle left. Where did it go?" He just looked stupified, like it somehow evaporated from the sealed bottle. He said, "Well teenagers don't like gin, I doubt he would drink it." Oh really? Cuz if you pour enough soda into any kind of liquor I'm pretty sure you won't taste it anymore. I don't know any teen who is turning their nose up at high quality free liquor. Well we caught him red handed in the bathroom late night (a Wednesday no less) with a brand new bottle of vodka. He didn't even close the cabinet door. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy when the evidence is right in front of his face. I can't even anymore. No, I'm the crazy one. There's no way his son is stealing the liquor, or several other pricey things that have gone missing in the house, which I also have clues that point towards him. No, I'm crazy for thinking that. These are the days I feel gaslighted. Which is so ironic because he accused his ex of gaslighting him. I'm not going to lie, as much as I dislike her, I'm starting to see why they're divorced, even though he was the one who called off the marriage. I'm not pointing a finger at his son to be spiteful. I'm making him aware of concerning behavior but he acts like all I'm doing is attacking his son. Whatever. All I can do now is make some popcorn and watch this train crash happen. 

CLove's picture

But if Denile is not just a river in Egypt... even blatant evidence might not work. Locks on everything would help also.