You are here

Question regarding young teens rude behavior

KellyXtwodogs's picture

SD is a freshman in high school. SD has the last few years gotten really Disrespectful and rude and now it's falling over to school. SD has in the last two months

1. Failing 3 classes because SD refuses to do her HW. 
2. Refuses help from  her teacher or tutor to get her grades up. SD said to the teacher "she does not care if she fails" 

3. Skipped detention twice because SD said she "never agreed to go". 
4. During class plays games on her phone when the teacher tells SD to stop SD starts playing video games on her laptop. When the teacher reminds SD she is not to play video games SD will say rudely " you said to stop playing video games on my phone you NEVER told me to stop playing on my computer"

Ok So you see SD is a sarcastic little bitch. I asked SD why she does these things at school and her answer is "it's fun to be rude" SD then want on to say it's all part of her master plan. I said what is that and SD smiled and said she was not telling me. Ok thinking she turning Psycho now. Thoughts?? Opinions also if she was your kid how would you handle this stuff in school?

notarelative's picture

Next year- same grade? Maybe SD's master plan is to repeat the grade. 

Kes's picture

I would not handle it, I would leave it to her parents.  A child of mine would never have been in this situation as they would have been parented adequately.  I can't see your SD ever fitting in to normal society, getting a job, getting any friends, or even mastering basic academic or social skills at school.  

Winterglow's picture

I went back and read your last post. Is your DH still withholding her meds? I'm not saying that would cause what she's doing but not getting the meds she needs certainly wouldn't help the situation.

CLove's picture

You do nothing.

Her parent should:

1. take away devices/electronics.

2. Get on her Google classroom or parent portal, find out the schedule and teachers and do a zoom meeting with teachers to figure out how to pull up grades. If its lack of completing homework, THE PARENT needs to get in there and see about make ups and getting assignements listed. Sit child down at the table (no hiding in room doing whatever), and have them complete listed assignments.

3. Sit child down and explain about rudeness not being tolerated.

4, Create a "never ending chore list" so that child doesnt get to just hang out in their room.

Rudeness is one thing. Failing school is another.

melancholyvt's picture

I also have a SD in freshman year at HS. I find the extreme attention to detail (when it benefits her) to be frustrating. The comment about "You said not to play games on my phone..." is something SD would say. Or - "You didn't say when it had to be done..." However, when it benefits her, she 'doesn't remember'... 

Stay strong - you aren't alone. I want to throw her damn phone and sassy/selfish attitude right through the front window on most days. 

Rags's picture

Your DH and BM are shit parents.  End of story.  A hammer to the phone and laptop ends many of these issues.  A padde or belt to the ass for each lippy incident solves the rest of these issues.

SD has a plan.  Great.  See how her plan changes when she has zero connectivity and her ass is on fire any time she tries to sit.